Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Disappointing Election

I shouldn't be surprised about the election. Most people don't study the issues before voting. They vote their emotions.....especially the elderly. The culture has changed, we can't deny that.  But voting Republican will only make it worse. The mess we are in right now here in Kansas is due to a Republican governor.  I had hoped Independent Davis could win because it was very close. This same thing happened years ago when the country elected Reagan president.  He thought trickle down economics would help but as it turned out, nothing trickled down and the only way out of that mess was to raise taxes.  That will happen in Kansas. We are now in the worst mess in modern times. Brownback has eliminated taxes on many businesses and the state has to have revenue from somewhere so eventually taxes will have to be raised. The money will come from citizens...property owners. That's why I sold my home and moved into an apartment.  The taxes were terrible.

Today is another exercise day. Since I'm going to work afternoons, I won't have to give up my exercises. I won't start the new job until the 12th. Of course they will withhold my first paycheck so it will be awhile until I see any extra cash.  But I really need to make some extra money and get that car paid off in 22 months.  I also want to repay my savings what I have had to borrow lately.

We are going to eat out today to celebrate that Bob is getting his car insurance deductible back and I have another job. Bob heard from the insurance company yesterday. They recovered their money too. We will have our beans and cornbread again tomorrow.

4 comments:

marlu said...

I am disappointed too. And now Mitch McConnell wants to "work with the president." Iwonder why he didn't want to do that before.

And here in our state, I see no good things ahead for us.

We should relax. According to the Republicans, they can make right all things wrong with the country.
Why do I doubt this?

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Hope that you enjoyed your lunch far more than the election results !

Margie's Musings said...

That was Reagan's stand too and we all know what happened there.

Margie's Musings said...

I did, Deb. It was real good Chinese.