Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday and Church

I slept like a log last night.  It was cool. I awoke at 2:30 and went to the bathroom, took my thyroid pill  and turned the furnace down. Then I went back to bed and back to sleep. It was a little too warm for me.

The first frost got my bedding plants night before last and I pulled them all up yesterday and bagged them up and took them over to the trash. My potted plants out front only got bit a bit so I will get them out later.

Bob came over for a bit last night and we had our wine and some cookies. There was absolutely nothing on TV although after he left I took my bath and put my PJs on and surfed the net. I found Sleepless in Seattle, an old movie that's a chick flick. I watch the last few  minutes of it and then watched some of Pretty Woman, another chick flick that I've seen a half dozen times. Missy crawled upon my lap and slept awhile before we both went to bed after I turned the clocks back. I found those on channel 210, a channel I had never watched before.

This morning I fed Missy and fixed myself a couple of cups of coffee to drink with my biscuit.

Bob and I will go to church this morning and I speak at the 11:00 hour. Karan will preside.  Afterward some of us will eat together somewhere. We make that decision after the services.

This is one of those months where my social security comes in late....on the 12th. So I will be borrowing from my savings until it comes in.  Between my rent and the Blue Cross/Blue Shield,  that takes most of the social security I have hung onto from October. I get nervous about getting into my savings when I am so healthy.  My great aunt Margie lived to be 104 and just died in 2007.

After we get home from lunch, I will do the congregational letters and get them ready for tomorrow's mail.  Then tonight the study group meets at Marilyn's at 7:00.

No comments: