Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thursday Again

How time flies. This week has just flown by!

Last night, I had a surprise. About 5:00, the handyman showed up and the landlady, Betty, was with him. I thought he had come to replace that broken spring in the door of my dishwasher. Instead, they brought me a new dishwasher.  He spent the evening getting it installed.  I tested it out last evening after he left and it does a real good job. I imagine the other one was original to the apartment, which I think was built in the 1970's. The sink is olive green so that's a dead giveaway. The new dishwasher is a very basic model but I don't care. The simpler the better. As long as it gets the dishes clean. There is less to go wrong with it.

Leslie, my daughter, called yesterday afternoon. She had learned somehow that I had bought the Keurig coffeemaker and bawled me out. She had intended to get me one for Christmas.  She told me not to buy anything for myself from now on in October, November or December.  I told her I got it on sale for $119.00 plus I got a $25.00 gift card which I used to buy coffee for it. Nevertheless, she told me not to do it again. :)

I told Bob that she could buy me a selection of Keurig coffees for Christmas but I forgot to mention that to her. With this Keurig, you have to use genuine Keurig coffees. The off brands will not work with it. And they are expensive.  But I love having two different flavors of coffee each morning and not having to throw away any of the leftover coffee or warm it up in the microwave for the next day.
The Keurig came with a pack of four cup sized coffees and two canister sized coffees. I bought the other coffees I have on their website, keurig.com, with that gift certificate. They are available there in 5 packs. They are cheaper and I can get more of a varied selection.  

Bob came over for wine but he got here at the same time as the handyman.  So he just left and we didn't  have our evening wine. The handyman was here until after 7:00. I watched some TV but went to bed fairly early.  For some reason, I was very tired.

Today we will have the leftover beans and cornbread for lunch. I will get some fruit and have cookies with it for dessert.

At this point, I don't really have anything on my agenda for today. The house is clean, the bed has been changed, the dishes are done, all the laundry is caught up. The same is true for tomorrow. I am looking forward to my meeting on Monday with Katie and Aime to do the paperwork for my job. The job starts on Wednesday....after Veteran's Day.

More later...

I got my Samaritan Christmas  Child shoe boxes filled today. So Sunday I'll take mine in to church.

No comments: