Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday and Exercises

I forgot to put my beans on to soak last night so I got up at 3:30 AM this morning and did it. Five hours will be 8:30...just before exercise class. After the class I will have to run to the market for ham. I don't think I have any in the freezer but I will check.

We had a small group last night for Living the Questions group. Only Bobby and Karan and Bob and I and Joyce were there with Marilyn.  Richard had a cold so Mona and he were not there. Keith was not feeling well at all. Joyce left before dessert to check on him. We enjoyed ourselves but it was certainly a small group. Next time the group meets in two weeks, it will be at Bobby and Karan's and it will be a covered dish dinner.

Keith called last night and we had a nice visit. He's such a pleasure. He has decided to go ahead and retire from the Air Force Reserves in December. I e-mailed Scott later. I had not heard from him in awhile. He says he's just fine and just busy getting ready for his retirement in December. He will be back to see the family and me about the middle of December.

I was sort of upset last evening. I learned from his daughter that Doug is not going to make it. Doug is an old friend from Caney originally. He is only 62 or 63 and has always seemed like a child of mine. When Bob and I lived in Caney, he popped in from time to time. He only lived a half block away. In the early 90s he developed a brain aneurism and since no doctor around here did the lazor surgery, he went off to Minnesota to get it done.  It was successful. He had a dental lab and was very good at what he did. Anyhow, to make a long story short, recently he developed a brain tumor.

He now lives in Oklahoma City. He and his wife Denise moved there several years ago. They operated on the brain and removed about 80%-90% of the tumor and had intended to do chemotherapy and radiation to get the rest of it. He has had nothing but complications since. He got very disoriented last weekend and Denise took him to the emergency room. He had very low sodium. They were treating that and then it was discovered that he had a perforated colon and they removed a foot and a half of that.  Now they cannot continue his therapy and the tumor is growing again. They give him a few weeks to live.  I am just sick about it.

More later...

We had our cornbread and beans and they were good. I have enough for another meal for Bob and me and I sent some home with Bobby too.

I had a call from the library this afternoon and I have an interview tomorrow at 2:00 PM.  This may be a very neat job. I hope it works out.

I will try to run the vacuum this afternoon. It's been a week. Tomorrow I want to wash my bedding. I ran Missy's afghans through the dryer on fresh air this morning to get the cat hair off them. I'm quite sure she leaves hair everywhere she lays.

Bob will be over this evening for wine and TV.....I don't know if there's anything to watch on TV. Usually there's not.


marlu said...

My thoughts are with you and your friend, Doug.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Marlu! It's such a tragedy.