Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Again

Well, it's Monday again. I took Missy out for awhile after I got dressed and ready for work this morning but she had only been out a few minutes and that little cat that looks a little like her decided to come over.  Missy growled and advanced toward him and I had to convince her to come back in the house.  Needless to say, she was not a happy kitty.

I am thawing hamburger for meatloaf for today's lunch. I will boil some potatoes for parsley potatoes. We will have a veggie and Bob's salad too.  I may get some pudding mix.  It's been awhile since we've had pudding.

I also have a hair appointment this morning at 10:00. For the 80th Birthday Bash on Saturday, I will have it done again on Thursday. I will not go to exercise class this morning. I missed last Friday too. That's when I planted my east flowerbed. I just have so much free time to get those things done.

There's a good chance Dean, one of my classmates, will stay here with me this weekend. I was hoping there would be no rain for this event but it looks like rain is in the forecast. Darn! That may influence how many of the classmates attend. The weather has been so erratic.  Lots of rain.The lawn needs mowing in the worst way and I am hoping the mower will come today. It was two weeks ago when it was last mowed. I was unable to mow this past week because of the rain and being exhausted from the job. So it really needs it!

I fixed biscuits for my breakfast this morning. It's been awhile since I have had them. I have been having oatmeal but I need to get some more oatmeal this morning after the Dollar General store opens at 7:00.  I will need it for my meatloaf.

More later....

What an afternoon this was at work! When I walked  in, there was stuff everywhere. The office area was empty and everything was stacked in the back room. They were bringing in the new office furniture and the counter was stacked a foot and a half high with DVDs from the weekend...a typical Monday for the DVDs.

I got out of the DVD area as soon as I could and put away the few cases that I had time to empty and put away. Then it dawned on them! The furniture they brought did not fit the office area. It was too large. Supposedly they had measured but somewhere the entire process hit a glitch. Only Katie's furniture fit her space so they installed hers. The other worked all afternoon on banquet type tables. It was a mess! I finally got back into the office area at that point and again started putting away the DVDs. Then Aime came for our interview. It was the better part of an hour with her as she went over the details of our trip  that starts the day after Memorial Day. I will be gone four days. Bob will come over and feed Missy and take care of her litter box.

When Aime left, I began once again on the mountain of DVDs.  I finished at five minutes until 5:00. I also put away the new fiction books and also the magazines.  It was a huge day! Monday always is since parents let their kids check out 5 DVDs each and they check five out too. Instead of reading, people, including kids, just watch video after the other all weekend. School will be out next week and  eery day will be a Monday. What a tragedy!

When I got home I fed Missy and cleaned her litter box and relaxed. I was out of Chai Latte so I just had wine when Bob came in.  He stayed until 7:00 but there was nothing on TV of interest on Monday evening. We did order some Keurig coffees since we were both running low. I took my bath and sat in the recliner with Missy on my lap.  I watched the weather channel. At 9:00, I went to bed. 

No comments: