Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Again At Last

I am always so glad to see Friday come. I have scanned twice this week..perhaps three times..I forget. The days seem to run all together with this job. There are always dozens DVDs to be put away..sometimes hundreds. Then the scanning is very hard on my hands. They sometimes ache for hours and swell up.  By bedtime the aching is over most of the time.  I don't take Aleve for it unless it really bothers me.

Today Bob and I will go out to Dearing to the drive in and have chicken and noodles there. We haven't done that for a long time. It gives me a break from cooking.

I tried to take Missy out on the carport earlier this morning but the black cat was across the street in the drive and Missy was very uncomfortable out there. So we came back in. Now she wants to go out again but I am busy with my blog just now and she will have to wait.  I want to have my coffee first.

I got my sermon for the 28th finished last night so I won't have to work that into my schedule next week.

If you recall, my niece will have her surgery next Friday and Bob and I will take turns staying with her to help with her pain control.  I am concerned about her. She has had the cancer for awhile and has just ignored it until she couldn't ignore it any longer.

There was another church shooting this week. Nine innocent people died. The only way we will have any control over that sort of violence is to have at least limited gun control. People who own guns always have the possibility that in a weak moment, a sick moment, or a moment of anger, they will shoot someone and kill them.  No other first world country has the type of violence we have here in America. Most of our gun problem is caused by the power over congress of the National Rifle Association.

If we actually read the Bill of Rights (The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed, and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country: but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms, shall be compelled to render military service in person) we will notice the guarantee over arms is for a "militia". We no longer have a militia. We have police  and a standing army.  That part of the Bill of Rights is outdated.  How many shootings does this country have to endure before we finally limit the ownership of guns to those who really need them...the army and the police and hunters who actually eat their kill.

We went out to the Dearing Drive In for our chicken and noodles but they had messed up their order so we had chicken fried steak instead.  Bobbie and Karan came too. They had to choose something else too. That was disappointing but the food was good. 

My niece's surgery has been moved up to Tuesday according to my brother-in-law.  I will need to cancel my hair appointment Tuesday to be there when she comes out of her surgery. She has two fibroid tumors and another large dark area the doctor will have to identify when he gets in there.  We can only hope for the best.

Work today was especially horrendous. There were many large books that I have to heft down and hold while opening the covers to scan the bar codes and there were numerous DVDs to be put away too. I put those away from 12:45 until 2:00 and then began scanning bar codes. I finished an aisle by 4:30 and put the scanner and tablet on Katie's desk. She had already left by the time I finished.  The worst part was the noise though. People talked very loud and I found it hard to concentrate on my job. Finally I asked one family to lower their voices.

But the worst was a woman with a three year old she had in a stroller for two hours. He took turns screaming and crying and trying to get out of the stroller. She must have told him to "shut up" a dozen times.  No one at the library said anything to her. She ended up running several people who were sitting across from her out of the library. I could see they wanted me to say something to her but it was obvious it would have done no good.  Besides, the librarians should have told her to take the little one home for his nap. He was obviously exhausted. This job is exhausting and the worst part is the noise.  I hope I can make it until September 30, 2016.

Bob came over and we had our wine then he went home. There's really nothing on TV on Friday evening. I have taken my bath and am in my pjs now. I will go in to the recliner and let Missy lay on my lap until bedtime.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Margie while you don't have carpal tunnel syndrome it might help to wear a carpal tunnel brace on that hand. I have one that I got at our local Rite Aid store and I wear it if my hand and wrist start to ache after sewing ...for instance the other day I wore it while mowing grass, to support the hand that has to keep the power thing clutched on the handle.

I think mine cost around 25.00 if that. It's a very nice support :)

Margie's Musings said...

That's good to know, Deb. I'll look into it. Thank you.