Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday At Last!

I will go in this morning and work two hours so I can go to Helen's funeral. She died of Alzheimers just like my sister. Her husband, John, is one of my classmates. Then I will go back to work after I change my clothes and work my last two hours.

We will have our leftover chili this morning for lunch.  I have already set the table. Then I will change back into my work clothes and finish my day.

I awoke at 2:00 again this morning but this time I got up and took a Benedril so I could go back to sleep.

Now I've had my cereal and one cup of coffee and now will get the second one and go out on the carport with Missy. She has been waiting pretty patiently.

More later....

I took Missy out for an hour and then went to work at 9:00 until 11:00. I then went home to warm up our chili for lunch. I ran a few errands after that and then went on to Helen's funeral. The funeral was less about Helen as it was a sermon. I prefer a celebration of the life of the deceased.

I got back to work immediately following the sermon...at 3:05. I worked until 5:00 and got home shortly afterward.

Marilyn, my neighbor,  came over to thank me for keeping her carport swept off while she was gone of her vacation. She stayed until Bob came at 6:00. He stayed until7:00 and after he left, I took my bath and sat with Missy in the recliner. I could not stay awake and finally went to bed at 8:45.  My cell phone rang at 9:30 or so but I could not wake up enough to answer it. I later saw that it was Keith and I had missed an opportunity to visit with him

No comments: