Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday and the Rummage Sale

Today, I will go out to church about 8:30.  We open the sale at 9:00 and it will be interesting to see how well this 100 miles rummage sale goes at the church.  It will be a lot of work if folks come. If they don't come, we will packing everything up to take to the Church of Christ where there is a big storage shed and people can just come pick up whatever they want. I hope there is room there.

I had a bad spell of diarrhea last evening. It started with a stomach ache and I took some Tums. Then very soon after that the problem began. It only happened twice but it was violent. I stayed up until 9:30 with Missy to try to watch "The Civil War"  on PBS. I couldn't make it until 10:00. I went on to bed. I slept well until 3:30 when I had leg cramps. I got up and went to the bathroom and then took a couple of those little pills you let dissolve under your tongue. That worked and I got back to bed and to sleep until 5:00. Then I got up and had my breakfast and coffee. I ate one of those toasted biscuits with jelly and a small banana.

Bob didn't come over last evening. He was very tired. He and I will go out to work at church until I have to come home at noon to go to work until 3:00. (This is my shorter day).

It's only 15 minutes after 6:00 right now and Missy is patiently waiting for daylight so we can go outside for awhile.

I imagine Katie will have me looking for books again this afternoon unless I have another six piles of DVDs. Yesterday just before I left, I was putting away the DVDs that had accumulated while I was searching for books. I heard a baby screaming with laughter. I looked in the teen room and four teens had a 14 month old baby and they were tossing him up in the air and catching him. I went in there and told them "Here's the thing, kids, if for some unforeseen reason, you drop the baby while doing that and he falls to the floor, it could kill him and the library would be held liable because it happened here. You simply cannot do that in here." That must have made sense because they saw my point and stopped.  Kids! They simply don't think about consequences!

More later....

We must have had quite a storm last night. I knew it rained but didn't know about the wind. There are leaves down everywhere out there. In fact, here are some photos I took this morning.

Here are some more.
As you can see, there's quite a mess covering the yard..which was left a mess after being mowed. :)

Bob just called. He wants to go to exercise class before he comes out to church. He will come out at 10:00. So it may be just Bobby and me until Sue and John get there.

More later...

The first day we sold almost $400. in sales and tomorrow should be even larger since folks will be off work. I will work all day tomorrow.

I spent the afternoon at work searching for books that are not supposed to be in the system but are still on the shelves.  I also put away DVDs again...as usual.  I found about a dozen books though.  I gave them an extra thirty minutes.

Karan just brought by the cash box. She stayed and had a coke with me. She was very tired.  I generally don't drink much Coke but it seemed like just the thing to have for a "pick me up" for both of us.

Bob will be over later and we will walk over to Braums and have an ice cream cone.

More even later.....

Instead of an ice cream cone, Bob and I had a small hamburger and a small milk shake.  Then he came over until 7:00 and after he left I took my bath and watched "The Civil War" until I couldn't keepmy eyes open any longer.

I went to bed around 9:00.



No comments: