Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tuesday and Cake Day

This will be a busy day. I baked my cake last night and iced it. I have loaded my trunk with the cakes we take up to Independence to the First Christian Church. I will need to get Bob's and him and also stop at the church and take Sue's out of the freezer.  She brought it from Neodesha on Sunday and froze it.

I did not sleep well last night. I took my first night's sleep on new pillows and they were not as flat as my old ones. So I woke up three times in the night and had a hard time getting back to sleep. I had not eaten anything last evening so I could not take Benedryl.   So I just toughed it out until 5:00. Then I got up and checked my e-mail and fed Missy and fixed my cereal and orange juice for breakfast.  Now we are out on the carport since it's after 7:00. She does really well out here when I bring out her white bathmat. She likes to lie on it. She doesn't want to wander quite so much.

I will get my hair done at 9:00 and then Bob and I will walk around Wal Mart and Sayers Ace Hardware until 11:00 when Big Cheese opens. We will have their mini pizza for our lunch today. Then this afternoon I will go back to work.  Ugh! There will undoubtedly be 200 or 300 DVDs to put away and shelf. Over a holiday weekend like this, parents like to let each child take 5 DVDs each and they sit them down in front of the TV and let them watch movies all weekend. That's disgusting to me.  The children need to be outside running around and playing with friends so they will get exercise and not get fat.   Obesity is a major problem in America.

More later....

We stopped by the church after I picked up Bob for my trip to Independence. It was still kind of dark in there and as I was going into the kitchen to pick up Sue's cake, I tripped over the rail to a bunk bed someone had brought. They left the rail laying across the kitchen doorway. I took a hard fall and hit my elbow and my hip on the rail.  Bob came running and turned on the light. By then, I was getting up. I was sore for an hour but then everything cleared up. I think it is fine now. But that was a scare. I could have broken something...perhaps even my elbow or a hip.

More even later...

It poured down rain all afternoon.  I didn't finish putting away the DVDs until 4:40.  What a mess. There are 29 in each level and four baskets had two levels so that's 58 in each basket or over 200 just to begin. They just kept coming in all afternoon so I lost track   of just how many I dealt with. Four boys got very noisy in the teen room and I went in there four times to quiet them down. Finally Adrian shouted at them to either be still...lower their voices... and stop the rough housing... or he would make them leave. They finally quieted down. Adrian is very tall and trim. He could take them all out.

My lower hip is pretty tender this evening. My right elbow is also sore. I will take some Aleve before I go to bed.

4 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

LOL you are so right about the kids...I am laughing though because at my son's this weekend there were a bazillion kids and they were all active and running around. HA...little grandson almost ended up with a black eye, another boy had a knob on his head that he had to ice...two little munchkins with ice on them from too much roughhousing! :)

Margie's Musings said...

That's good. At least they were not sitting watching videos all weekend.

Galla Creek said...

So glad you are ok. A broken hip would be the pits!!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Sister-Three. I am a little sore but not bad. At almost 80, I'm glad I didn't receive a broken bone.