Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wednesday Again

I didn't sleep too well last night. My right hip hurt some and so did my right elbow. Finally at 2:30, I took an Aleve. Then I slept until 5:30.  I did a load of laundry and fixed my breakfast and fed Missy. Later we went out on the car port and sat for awhile. While I was rebooting the desktop computer, the Fed X man came with the box I'm supposed to send the Cox mini cable box back in.  I finally got it repacked and then I had to call Fed X for a pickup. I talked to someone who could speak clear English and I had a time trying to understand him. First I was cut off three times.  This guy told me they would pick up between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM. I told him I work afternoons but he said he could guarantee any times.  I put it outside my door for pickup. If he won't take it, I'll go to plan 2.

What a mess! Bob and I had chicken and pea casserole over biscuits for lunch and pudding and cookies for dessert. He also brought a good salad.  I took leftovers to Marilyn across the way here in the fourplex.

More later....time to leave for work.

It was another huge afternoon. I put away four baskets double stacked, re-did the revolving case that holds the DVDs, reorganized the bookcase for new fiction and put away the new fiction. I bundled the old Kansas City Star and sorted out the Independence Reporters and the national papers for Raye.  She will use them for one of her classes at school. 

Then Katie came and brought me another huge project. She has six pages of books some of which are still in the library but not always in the system.  I began looking for them at 4:30 and found about a dozen of them and took them to Katie to remove and put in the book sale going on now in the foyer.  That's just the fiction. She will also have many lists for the non fiction and the children's department. I asked her how it had happened and she said the previous director did not know how to do the new system and just continued with the old one even after they had applied the bar codes. The librarians  did not get all the  books into the system. This will be another huge job. I left at 5:15.

When I got home I had some hot chocolate and a couple of cookies with my yogurt. Bob came over to read the paper and left at 7:00. I took my bath and did my usual routine and finally went to bed at 9:30 after watching most of "The Civil War"on PBS.   

No comments: