Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thursday and Breakfast

I slept better last night. This morning I noticed that I do have a large bruise on my right hip. It's also swollen. It isn't hurting unless I touch it though. My elbow seems to be alright.

I got up about 4:45 and will have my breakfast with Joyce and Karan at 9:00. Marilyn called last night to say she has a 9:30 Dr. appointment and cannot come.

Bob and I will have hamburger pie and a salad for lunch and we will take some of it to Marilyn R, who lives across the way. Bob has an 11:00 appointment at Sycamore Landing with Rhonda and may be late. I will wait until 11:45 to eat and if he isn't here by then, I will leave his dinner in the oven to stay warm.

It's 7:00 and Missy is ready to go out on the carport. She came out briefly and then got frightened of something and wanted back in the house.  She is back out now wandering around the carport.  It's hazy out here this morning.

A huge Great Dane pup just ran by loose and Missy wanted back in so that's where she is now. 

I prepared a notice to put in the County Chronicle to advertise our church.  Leslie has answered me already but I don't know if I should wait to hear from the other two before calling it in. I will wait for her suggestion.

I need to get the bulletin ready for Sunday since I am presiding so I'd better go in too.

So I'll get back to this later. ....

I met Karan for breakfast at 9:00. Bob had attended his Lion's Club meeting. Marilyn had a doctor's appointment and Joyce called just before breakfast to say she had just got up and her allergies were driving her crazy and she had not slept well. She begged off breakfast this morning.

Our hamburger  pie turned out well and we had salad with it. I took some to Marilyn R and also called Bobby to see if he wanted the rest, He came to get it and will eat it. We will be eating out at church tomorrow and  Saturday I don't know what we will do for lunch...maybe the Dearing Drive In. Sunday, we always eat out somewhere.  I didn't want to keep it until Monday.

Afterward I went on to work and put away a couple of baskets of DVDs and reorganized the cases again to make room for more.  Then Katie came in with another list of books to try to find. They were supposed to be removed from the system after they were put out for the book sale but she needed to know for sure. I found a couple of dozen of them and she was really surprised. Anyhow then I put away the DVDs that had come in while I was looking for books and then came on home at 4:45. I went to work at 12:45 so I had put in my four hours and was very tired.

The mower was mowing when I got home from work.  This is the first time since this couple bought the fourplex that I haven't had to call them to get it mowed.  He does a very sloppy job of it since he only mows twice a month. It's always a mess when he finishes. But it's also a mess before he does it.

Here are some photos of my yard. You'll see what I mean.
See the tracks he makes in the yard?
This is the front right off the carport.
This is the flowerbed on the east side. It really went wild this year with all the rain.
These are the flower pots in front of my part of the fourplex. I plant them every year and water them every morning.
This is another view of the flowerbed. My son-in-law built that for me after I moved in here. The yard used to be a parking lot and it had gravel under the grass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom your little yard looks wonderfully done!