Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday and a Quiet Day

This should be a quiet day. Yesterday was very busy. I do need to go to the market today. I have a small list.

The meeting was just starting last night and I texted Bobby and Karan because I saw they were late. Everyone else was here, She texted me back that they were in the ER. Bobby and she were at Braums for dinner and he had a seizure. Everyone there tried to help them. Isn't that wonderful? That's a small town for you! Anyhow Marilyn and Judy went to the ER to be with them. The rest of us just visited. They stayed a couple of hours and just got back around 9:00.

Patrick had helped Karan get Bobby into the house after he was released from the ER.  He was still nauseated. He has medication for that from Hospice. Bobby was diagnosed the first week in November and given about 90 days to live then. So it will be a miracle if he recovers. But it could happen. I believe our minds have a great deal to do with our health and Bobby has a great attitude.  Just think! President Carter was diagnosed with 4th stage cancer and he has been declared cancer free.

Then I went ahead and showed the video because Howard wanted Patrick, their son, to see it.  Afterward I served the brownies and the butter brickle ice cream for them. Everyone was very helpful. We only had eight here so it was easier. While I took Joyce and Gary home afterward, Bob pitched in and put away the folding chairs and stayed with Missy. When I got back he was on the internet with his notebook checking his bank account and reading my blog.  After he left, I took my bath and Missy and I went right to bed.

It's seven degrees this morning. I had my oatmeal and coffee. I'm out of orange juice and almost out of milk.  So I will need to go to the market for sure. Today we will have the chili I made yesterday for lunch.

It is so cold. I may just stay in and wait until afternoon to go to the market. I have a new book downloaded on my Kindle.

More later...

Karan called and needed to go to the pharmacy to fill a script for Bobby this morning so I went over there and stayed with him for an hour or so while she also went to the market.  The last 15 minutes, he slept.

Then I picked up Bob and we went to Utopia for coffee and while there he told me his sister Betty had called and one of his nieces had had a massive stroke. He is trying to find which hospital she is in.   I took him to CRMC but she was not there. She might be in Bartlesville or even Tulsa. He will do some calling around to find out where she is.

We will have a later lunch since we went to Utopia. And he will come over and do laundry.

More later...

We had our lunch and I gave Bob some of the leftover chili and then took the rest over to Karan and Bobby. I also took them some of the meatloaf and some potatoes for today. 

I read all afternoon after Bob finished his laundry and went back to his apartment and finally I realized it was nearly 5:00 and time for Missy's treats and dinner. I fed her and about that time Bob came back over to watch Brooks and Shields with me on PBS. After he left at 7:00, I took my bath and watched Dateline on TV until 10:00. Then Missy and I went to bed.


Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Margie Pres. Carter was a wonderful miracle to remind us of!! :)

Margie's Musings said...

That's so true! And he isn't the only one. The body is capable of wonderful things thanks to God.