Thursday, January 21, 2016

Thursday and Breakfast Club

Some of us will meet for breakfast this morning at 9:00 at Eggberts. Bobby and Karan and Joyce, at least. Marilyn L has decided to volunteer at the hospital on Thursday morning. She doesn't want to miss her exercises on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We will miss her. She is well loved.

We will what to see what the day brings before deciding whether to dismiss the Living the Question group tonight. Howard and Judy are in town and may come to breakfast this morning. Joyce was to have called them. They were looking forward to seeing everyone at my apartment tonight. We will see what today's weather will bring.

I slept pretty well last night. I woke up several times but got back to sleep each time.  I was really tired when I went to bed.

I have my chili on cooking on low. I got it all ready to put together when I discovered my tomatoes were Italian tomatoes. I didn't want Italian tomatoes in my chili so I made  a quick trip to Country Mart to pick up some chili ready stewed tomatoes. Then I finished the chili and put it in the slow cooker on #2 setting to keep it warm. I have Freetos to serve with it and crackers. Bob brought over some coke to drink with it. This is one of our unhealthy meals. Every once in a while we have something not so healthy. We had our meatloaf, baked potatoes, salad and veggies yesterday with fruit for dessert. Maybe that made up for today. :)

The driveway my son and his wife are putting in for their new home.


Nice..isn't it?

Bob called me shortly before lunch and begged off the chili.  He had a relative who was coming to town and wanted him to go to lunch with him. I told him that was fine and put the chili in the frig for tomorrow.

I ate the leftover chicken fried steak and roll I had brought home from Sirloin Stockade on Sunday.  Later after reading a couple of hours, I went to Arby's and got a small chocolate shake.  Probably shouldn't have... but did anyhow...

The weather is not doing much so we will have the Living the Questions group here this evening. I don't know how many will brave the cold to attend but I will go get Gary at 6:45. He doesn't have a car. Hopefully Bob will be here to greet the others and let them in.


No comments: