Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tuesday and Hairdo Day

And boy, do I need it! My hair is a mess! Wind has played havic with it!

Bob did come back over last night and watch the news with me. He went home at 7:00. Missy comes over to my chair and stares a hole in me wanting up on my lap.  When that doesn't work, she goes over to Bob and stares at him. She knows he goes home at 7:00. And she wants him to leave earlier so she can get up on my lap. We get a huge bang out  of her antics.

I slept pretty well last night. I was probably awake an hour in the middle of the night but I finally got back to sleep and slept until 6:00.

At 8:20, I will pick up Bob to go to Independence on the Sunflower road detour. It takes about ten minutes longer but it is a paved road. The other detour which is opened is  a country roads with gravel. We are forecast for rain turning to sleet and snow this afternoon. We will see. We intend to stop at Big Cheese and have a mini pizza there before we come back home. Between the appointment and the lunch, I want to go out to their Walmart Superstore and try to find a few things I wasn't able to find at our smaller Walmart.

Tomorrow I intend to have meatloaf and baked potatoes for lunch. We will have a veggie and Bob's salad. By then I will have fruit to have with cookies.  I need to make brownies for treats for the game day Wednesday afternoon at the senior center. Unless we get a lot of snow or ice, I want to go.

More later...

We are under a winter weather advisory until 9:00 tonight so I am playing it carefully.

We did get to my hair appointment just fine. The winter weather hadn't started yet. We also went out to the Independence Walmart  and I found everything on my list.Then we went to Goody's and I got a good deal on two knit shirts.  One is purple and the other is orange. I can use those. Many of my knits are years old.

Then we went to a hardware store and looked around until time for the Big Cheese to open. We had our mini pizzas and yum!.... they were good! Finally, I went to the post office and got that book in the mail that sold on Amazon on Friday evening. The post office was closed on Saturday, closed on Sunday and closed on Martin Luther King Day. So it got off to a slow start.

Then as we were coming back down Sunflower Road, it began to mist. The afternoon will tell whether we get that winter weather they have forecast.

Missy is asleep in the recliner and I am posting on my blog.

I should bake those brownies for game day tomorrow and I have a doctor's regular check up in the morning at 9:00. I hope I can get there safely.

More later....

Bob has a new great granddaughter. Sydney Kay Perkins. 8 lbs and 6 oz. and 21 inches long. I tried to copy the photo her grandmother (my niece) sent to me but for some strange reason, I couldn't copy it off e-mail.

He didn't come over this evening. It was just too cold and wet. I took my bath early and sat with Missy in the recliner.  Finally after 8:30, I just went to bed.


Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

oh I do love a good meatloaf and am quite familiar with the antics of cats, lol...my cat tries to wake me in the middle of the night climbing on top of me and purring and kneading and whatever, ugh!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I agree! cats are something else. Mine is lying here at my feet just now waiting for me to come to bed. But I love the little critter.