Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Busy Tuesday

I slept well last night. I sprayed my nose with the salt spray that is supposed to hydrate the nostrils and it worked! I got up about 5:00 and did my usual routine.....made bed, dressed, did my make-up,  got Missy's treats and filled her dish with cat food, my own breakfast and made my coffee and loaded four cakes into my car's trunk. Bob will add his when I pick him up at 8:20. Then we need to stop at church this morning and pick up two more cakes.

We will deliver all the cakes first and then I'll stop at the beauty shop and get my hair done. After that, I will go out to Juanita's and balance her checkbook. Then Bob and I will go to Great China for lunch.

I'll go to the market some time today and then later at 6:30, I will attend the City Commission meeting to give the invocation. I will stay for the meeting.

More later...

This is the flooring that will be used on my son's back porch and laundry room. It's tile but it looks like wood even to the nails.



Interesting, isn't it?

Another idea:



HESCO Wire, fill with pretty rock, backfill with dirt, lay grass and shrubs..
Cheaper way of doing a bulkhead.


More later...

We got all our business done in Independence...took six cakes and a couple dozen cookies for the dinner, got my hair done, got Juanita's checkbook and bank statement reconciled, and had lunch at great China.  Then I brought Bob back home and dropped him off and came back home to find Missy on Bob's chair. As soon as I walked in, she jumped down. She knows better but that's a cat for you!

Later I will change my clothes and go to the meeting.  Right now I am catching up the blog.

More later...

I attended the City Commission meeting and intended to stay until the last but 30 minutes into the meeting, they went into executive session so I left and came home to watch the rest of the meeting on TV.  Don't they realize people do not want to stay while they have their private meeting? 

I took my bath and stayed up and watched PBS until 9:00. I was very tired and Missy and I went on to bed.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Will you explain again what the cakes are for each week.
I am sure you explained it but i can't remember. Does a church
sell them or something like that?

Margie's Musings said...

No, Sister-Three this church in Independence provides a free supper every Tuesday evening for anyone who wants a well balanced meal. A person can make a donation if they wish but are not required to pay. Many low income folks attend but also many lonely folks attend and many make a donation toward the food. We provided cakes every other Tuesday and they provide their own on the alternate Tuesdays.

No church In Coffeyville, where I live, does this wonderful service so Bob and I take ours 15 miles north to Independence and deliver them to that First Christian Church every other week.

On Wednesdays, the First Baptist Church provides a free meal up there. Thursdays the Episcopalian Church provides a free meal and on Fridays other churches take turns providing the meal. No church in Coffeyville does that. It's a shame. I would support one of our churches that way if they chose to provide a free meal that way.

I do not want to belong to a church that is not mission minded. I am not a pew sitter. Evidently my little congregation feels the same way.

Galla Creek said...

Oh, this is so nice.