Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Very Busy Sunday

Today will be very busy. I am in the process right now of baking my coffeecake. I take that to church for the church school class every other week. Bob makes his banana nut bread on the alternate week. The group at church really seem to enjoy it.

After church some of us will eat out somewhere.

This afternoon I will do my congregation newsletters and then  bake my apple brown betty for tonight's Living the Questions group meeting. We have moved the meeting to Karan and Bobby's since it has become very hard for Karan to get Bobby ready to go anywhere. He is slowly getting more and more confused and harder to manage. Tragedy!

Then at 6:35, I will pick Bob up and then we will go get Gary. Gary doesn't have a car and is very isolated.  He likes our group though. I will take the apple brown betty and Joyce will bring ice cream and a drink.

More later....time to check the coffeecake.

The coffeecake was finished and it was good. There were 15 at church today and some were gone with good reason. One of our pastors was sleeping after being up all night manning the emergency room here at CRMC. My daughter was on call and had been out late last night and also out during all morning at church.  Karan called during church school and said she and Bobby would not be able to be there today. They had been up off and on all night and she had the bedding in the laundry. What a mess!

Bob and I and my son-in-law, John, ate at El Publieto. When I got home I got my newsletters finished and then started my apple brown betty. It was in the oven and I decided to take some coffeecake over to Marilyn, my neighbor.  She sent me home with some cookies.

I have taken Karan's presiding responsibilities for next Sunday and the time she is supposed to preach in March.  She doesn't need any more responsibilities then she already has with taking care of Bobby.

More later...

Bob came over to read the Sunday paper and watch the news with me and later at 6:40, we went to get Gary for the Living the Questions group meeting.  We had a good meeting and everyone seems to enjoy the evening.

When I got home I took my bath and then sat with Missy in the recliner and watched TV until 10:30 and then went on to bed. 

No comments: