Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thursday and Another Trip to Bartlesville

I slept really well last night. I have been using the nasal spray to hydrate my nostrils.  That seems to my left nostril has stopped bleeding. It's been awhile since it has been healed up.  I stayed up only until 9:00. I tried to watch Nova on PBS but just couldn't stay with it. It was about robots. Just about the most boring subject I can think about. And I got up very early yesterday morning. So Missy and I went to bed at 9:00. She slept well too.

Yesterday when Bob was over he showed me a place about the size of a half dollar on his left leg just above the ankle that has not healed and it seeps blood. I suggested he should call Dr. Eslicker's office  for an appointment. He did that and he will go to Bartlesville this afternoon to see the doctor about this raw wound.  He has been using antibiotic ointment on it and keeping a bandage over it but it's been there well over a week and shows no sign of healing. I have nothing going this afternoon so I offered to go with him.  His appointment is at 3:30.  We will leave about 2:30.

I need to go to the market this morning. I have quite a list. I am thawing chicken breasts for lunch. We will have boiled potatoes with them and a veggie. Bob will bring a salad. I have cupcakes for dessert.

More later....

We will have the chicken tomorrow. We will go to Bartlesville early and eat at Pies and Such, a neat restaurant there. It's been awhile since we've been there.  Then we'll kill some time...probably in the mall where it will be warm. It's very cold today with the north wind.

I did get to the market today. I bought over $40. worth of groceries. I just got them unloaded and put away.

We left and ate at Pies and Such and had a good lunch! I had half sandwich made with homemade bread and a cup of homemade veggie soup. Then we had a piece of wonderful pie.

Then we went to Walmart where he returned a shower curtain that was too short for his shower.  We also went out to Lowe's. We had not been to Lowe's for awhile. Then we went to the mall and walked around until time for Bob's appointment.

We got to his doctor's appointment just fine and it was not cancer, which is what he was afraid it was. It was contact dermatitis. Dr. Eslicker gave him some good antibiotics to cure it.

When we got back, he had a meeting to attend with his landlord. 

We got back to Coffeyville around 4:00.  Then I got the paper and read it.

More later....

I went to bed at 9:00.

No comments: