Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Wednesday and Exercise Day

Even though I went to bed so early, I slept very well last night.  I got up at 5:00 this morning which is my usual time to rise. I have made my bed, dressed and made up my face, fed Missy and myself, and made a pot of chili for lunch.  I have it on "warm" now in my slow cooker. We will have Freetos and crackers with it and our rare can of coke.  We do not drink much soda. It is so unhealthy. It's loaded with high fructose corn syrup here in the US.  It is not used in either Canada or Mexico because it is so unhealthy. High fructose corn syrup cannot be processed by the body and it pours all that sweet corn syrup directly into the blood stream. No wonder we are so obese here in the US and we also have runaway diabetes.

I will take some of the chili to Karan. Bobby is still alive well past his 90 days. He was diagnosed November 7th. He has to eat baby food now. He cannot get anything heavier down and chokes.  Karan has done a wonderful job taking care of him. I also told Marilyn R, my neighbor here in the fourplex, that I would bring her some chili too.  She is such a good neighbor.

I will go to exercise class this morning. I missed on Monday because that is my cleaning day. I also plan to go on Friday. I don't know if there are any Bingo games this afternoon. I will ask Marilyn R. She will know.

Missy wants to go outside so badly. We went out all afternoon yesterday as I cleaned out my east side flower bed again. She just loves being outside. Over on Catalina, where we used to live, she had the run of the neighborhood.  Of course, she was a lot younger then too.  About 5:00 in the evening I would go out and call "here, Missy Kitty, here Missy Kitty!" And she would come running from two blocks away. I could see that little spotted blur running just as fast as her little feet could carry her and she would come right in. Unfortunately she can't do that here. There are stray cats in this neighborhood and they are aggressive.

More later...

I went to exercise class this morning and afterward took Marilyn R. and Karan both some chili. Then Bob came for lunch and we ate it too and we had the last of the Butter Brickle ice cream for dessert. I sent the last bowl of chili home with him.  He can have it for supper.

His frig is icing up and making a mess on the floor. His landlady is going to have to do something about that.  This is the second time since he's lived there that has happened.

It appears Missy is going to take a nap. She went outside briefly after lunch but it thundered and that scared her back into the apartment.

I want him to find his wire brush and I want to clean up my bird bath and put another coat of spray paint on it. Darn thing! I bought it a couple of years ago and paid too much for it since it was cute and just the right size for my patio. It immediately rusted.  So I scraped it and put a couple of coats of brown spray paint on it. That didn't last. It's needing it again. I told the hardware store about it and they took them out of their stock.

More again later....

Well, we got as heck of a storm this evening. Bob was over here doing a couple of small loads of laundry and it began thundering. We rushed out just in time to move his car into Katie's carport. Katie doesn't have a car right now.  Just as soon as her boyfriend left for basic training, the car quit. So she has been dependent on family and friends for rides. It hailed golf ball sized hail for about ten minutes.  Luckily, his car was under shelter.

He came back and finished his laundry and left about 8:00. I then took my bath and Missy and I sat and watched Nova until 9:00 when we went to bed.

No comments: