Sunday, March 27, 2016

A Very Busy Sunday

I slept pretty well last night even though I was upset over the printer not working when I needed it. Something happened in the configuration between the time Keith tested it and it worked and later when I tried to print. I tried using both computers....the desktop and the laptop. Neither of them will print at all. This afternoon when I try to do the newsletters, I will have to send the ones that go out in snail mail to the small computer that has its own printer and put the cartridges from the large newer printer into the older one that works. Then maybe Keith can work out a time to check out the problem.

This will be a very busy day. After church and we eat somewhere, I will come home and do the newsletters and then make my apple brown betty for dessert tonight. I am having the Living the Questions group tonight. I don't know how many will be able to come.  I'm sure of Gary, Bob, Marilyn and myself and perhaps Mona and Richard. I haven't heard from Joyce. Karan and Bobby can't come, of course.  Bobby is very bad. He is ready to die now. He says he is tired. Karan, of course, stays with him all the time. She has been so good to take care of him at home all these months. He made it until his 80th birthday. It was Friday. It's such a tragedy!

I need to go ice my coffeecake. I had that to do this morning too. I baked it early so I could read the newspaper. So..more later.

I got that done and I picked up Bob for church. Afterward, we went over to Just Us for lunch. I called ahead and Kay reserved a table for us. As usual, it was very good.

When I got home I worked on fixing that printer problem. I got the desktop able to print but it took Keith to fix it so I can print from the laptop.  

I cancelled the Living the Questions group. Only four of us were going to be able to come and I didn't want to fix that Apple Brown Betty for four. Marilyn was over to Winfield visiting her sister and was going to be late getting home and would have been very tired. Joyce was going to come but I didn't know that since she did not RSVP as I had asked everyone to do. Besides, Joyce had had company all weekend and was very tired too.

Bob came over halfway through the afternoon to read the paper and watch TV here. He left at 7:00 and I came in here to the den to finish this blog. It's 7:30 now and I have had my bath. I will go to bed at 9:00.


Scott Miller said...

call Keith, he is a miracle genus on computer and this is probably fundamental.

Margie's Musings said...

I called him and he did eventually fix it. But they had a house full of company and I felt bad about taking him away from them.