Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thursday and a Trip to Bartlesville

I will go to Bartlesville to get an oil change at the Bartlesville Honda dealer this morning and if Bob is up to it, he will go too. Last evening he was feeling much better. He thinks the sore throat is simply allergy drainage. While we are there, we will eat out somewhere.

I slept well last night after "the mystery" was solved. I still do not remember taking that money out of my IRA but looking back at my bank statements for last year showed I had used it to double my car payment each month. I guess that's fine and a good thing to have done with it, but I still don't recall doing it.  It was a very stressful time in my life and I guess I have just blacked it out.  That, in itself, is scary. Ah, the fun of old age!

Missy is patiently waiting for me to make my bed and get dressed so I can get her some cat food. I guess I will get back to this later.

I've fed Missy and myself.  I took her out briefly but it was too cool out there. I did the crossword puzzle in the Reporter and texted Bob. He did not answer me so I don't know if he received my text. Sometimes his phone takes 20 minutes or more to respond to the signal.

I need to finish work on Sunday's bulletin so I'll go into the den and do that on the desktop computer.

More later...

Well I got the bulletin finished and went at 9:30 to pick up Bob. I took my cat by the Honda agency to have the oil changed. It was also time to rotate the tires and change the fluids. The just before they finished they found that battery was down to only 25% life left. I decided to let them put a battery in it too.  I sure don't want it to go out in the heat of summer. So I ended up spending $233.00 instead of $19.95.

We ate at Garfield's Restaurant in Bartlesville and used a $5.00 off coupon I printed off the e-mail.  We both had fish and chips and fries and it was very good. Afterward we stopped by the heart clinic there and Bob checked on his appointment. He thought they had put the wrong year date on it and sure enough, they meant 2017 instead of 2016.

Later after I took Bob home,  I took Missy out in the sunshine. My niece, Denise, came by and we had a good visit. We sat out on the carport and enjoyed the sunshine. She left about 5:00.

Keith called and we had a good visit.

Bob came by to read the paper and watch the news so.... more later.....

Bob began to fell bad again and he doesn't know whether it's allergies and drainage or a cold coming on so he went home early. He had taken a Benedryl tablet.  I hope it's not a cold.

I took my bath and Missy and I sat in the recliner until 9:00 when I went to bed. She soon followed me. 

No comments: