Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Tuesday and a Trip to the Beauty Shop and Lots More

This morning I have a 9:00 appointment at the beauty shop in Independence. Boy do I need it!  The wind and the retreat just ruined it and I have a hard time doing anything with it myself. So I am looking forward to the beauty shop appointment. We will eat at Big Cheese at lunch.

I made a 10:30 appointment for Thursday at Honda of Bartlesville for an oil change for my car. The gauge finally says 15% . That's what left of the oil life. Bob will go with me and we will eat lunch there somewhere. I will make a meatloaf tomorrow with boiled potatoes, veggies and a salad. Then Friday we will have our tuna noodle casserole again with salad.  That will take care of the week's meals.

Sunday evening I will host the Living the Questions group here. It's been awhile since we've had it. 

I slept really well last night and woke up at 5:00AM as usual. Missy has had her breakfast and I've had my oatmeal, cranberry juice and coffee.

We will leave for Independence about 8:20.

More later...

We went up the Tyro road way and I got my hair done in Independence and then we went to the Merle Norman store and I bought mascara. After that we went to Walmart  and I bought some little catnip mice for Missy. Later we went to Goody's and looked around. Then we finally went to Big Cheese and had our mini pizzas. Then we came home the Sunflower Road way and I took Bob home. I came home and gave Missy one of her catnip mice. She played with it awhile but really just wanted to go outside. So I brought her outside. Spoiled rotten cat!

More even later...

I spent the afternoon researching what do do about my identity theft. I went to the Coffeyville branch of Equity Bank to see if this manager could move ahead to get that signature card from Wichita where they sent all the First Federal Saving and Loan records when they bought those institutions.  She promised me she would track it down. I had heard that from the loan officer in Independence but have heard nothing more from her. I had talked to her counterpart in the Independence office of Equity Bank last week when I first received notice of the distribution.  When I talked to her I was not even sure my IRA was at First Federal Savings and Loan since I could find no paperwork showing that. I recall looking into all the banks trying to find one that paid more then 1% interest.

It was such a confusing time for me. My bank, Bank of America, had sold to Commercial Bank and I had rolled over my IRA to some institution but I wasn't sure it was First Federal Savings and Loan. In the meantime, I looked for paperwork and all I could find was where I had rolled it out of Bank of America but nothing to show where I had put it.  Furthermore, I had never had a report on the distribution. They had that record of deposit paperwork at Equity Bank and it showed my IRA had been rolled over to First Federal Savings and Loan in May of 2014 and removed on February of 2015...not even a year later.  I knew I wouldn't have done that.  It wasn't to have matured until February of 2019. But they gave me a copy of that paperwork.

Then I went to see Judge Cullins to get some legal advice. He suggested I go fill out a police report and report it locally so they could open a search warrant to get the office in Wichita to find that signature card. That's the only way I'm going to be able to prove it wasn't me that took out all my IRA money.

Then he suggested I report it to the Kansas Attorney General's office. Last of all, he suggested I check all three credit agencies to see if anyone had opened a credit card in my name. I did all that. It took all afternoon.  I couldn't get in to see Kwin Bromley, the police chief. I had to talk to another officer.  He took my statement and made copies of my paperwork but declined to issue a search warrant.  I probably will never see my $3264.28 again.

I went to bed at 12:30 this morning.

No comments: