Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Wednesday Storm

I woke up this morning around 4:00 AM to the sound of thunder. Soon it began to rain hard. Missy was terrified. She crawled out of bed and lay on the floor near the dresser. The thunder and lightning really gets to her. I got up about 4:45 and dressed and got myself ready for the day. That seemed to calm her. I don't think I am going to exercise class today. No sense getting out in a driving rain.

I plan to fix chicken and noodles for lunch today. With a veggie and a salad, probably coleslaw, that will be enough. I will have fruit and cookies for dessert.

I probably won't go to game day this afternoon either. No point in leaving home where I have protection for my car. I hope it clears off for tomorrow when I will be taking Juanita to Bartlesville to her doctor's appointment.  She simply cannot get out in a driving rain when she is basically blind and 95 years old. She can probably get the appointment postponed.  

More later....

Afterward I fixed our lunch and Marilyn L. came for lunch too. After that I went to the hospital and met with the staff and met the patients I was to bring a worship service. I was too late to do that so I just visited with them.  Then afterward I went to game day at the senior center.

Tomorrow I will not be able to do the worship service either. If the weather holds, I will be taking Juanita to Bartlesville to her cardiologist.  It will be Friday before I can actually do the service.

Keith, my eldest son, called this evening. We visited awhile then he got home and had to hang up. 

More later...

Bob left about 7:00 and I took my bath and sat with Missy in the recliner but couldn't find anything on TV to watch so just played a few games of Free Cell and then went to bed.

No comments: