Saturday, May 28, 2016

Saturday Morning and Breakfast Out

I will pick up Bob at 7:20 to go to Sirloin Stockade for breakfast. I've fed Missy and given her her treats too. I slept well last night again but still got up at 4:30.

It must have rained some last night. I took Marilyn R. the newspaper and the asphalt was wet. I hope it doesn't rain today because Caney has Mayfest going on over there. Caney is a small community 15 miles west of here. We lived there from 1969 until 1981 when I went to work at the radio station here. All my kids graduated from High School there.

There is a possibility I will go over to Mayfest sometime this morning. I usually do. I know a lot of people in Caney. It was also a part of my territory when I worked at the radio stations.

More later...

Here's another photo of Ginger's family on that terrace at the new house.




 In about an hour, I will pick up Bob and we will go to Mayfest. We had a good breakfast at Sirloin Stockade this morning.

About 9:40, we drove over to Caney and looked around at Mayfest. It was kind of a disappointment.  It was much smaller then in years past. We walked around and looked at what little they had there and then went toward downtown to look at their car show. That was pretty good. We got back to my car and decided to drive over to Sedan to the Yellow Brick Road festival. That was an overstatement. There really wasn't much there.We did enjoy the drive though and it was a lovely day. I took Bob back to his apartment about 12:00 or so and went out to the Woodshed to get gas. Then I came home to read. The paper was in the mailbox but it didn't have much news either. By the time we get the Journal, all the news is old. It comes only twice a week. The Reporter comes five days a week.

Really, the weekly Chronicle is the best newspaper..with much news....most of which the owner shares daily on facebook.  So their news is fresh.

Bob is taking his family to Tavern on the Plaza for dinner. He invited me but I did not want to interfere with his family time. After they leave this evening, he will come over to read the newspaper and perhaps stay to watch on old movie.

More later...

It was too late for Bob to come here to watch the movie "The Bridge on the River Kwia". He watched it at home. I took my bath, washed my hair and watched it with Missy. Then I went to bed at 10:00.

No comments: