Saturday, July 30, 2016

Breakfast and a Trip to Chanute

Missy is waiting to go outside this morning. It's still dark out at 5:50 AM. When it gets light I will take her out for awhile.

I am to pick up Bob at 7:20 to go to Sirloin Stockade for our breakfast.  Then at about 10:00, we will leave for Chanute, stopping first at Cherryvale to pick up the meds for Gay's dogs. We have to be there before noon because the vets office closes at noon on Saturdays. I got an e-mail from Gay yesterday evening saying the highway to their house has a detour and she gave me instructions of how to find their place from the detour. I dread a detour. I haven't washed my car this week because of the off and on rain and it will really need it after a gravel road. But Gay is fixing us a light lunch because we will have a big breakfast this morning.

That's our big day for today. Tomorrow will be big too. I am fixing my coffeecake for the Church School crowd and then we will drive to Cherryvale to eat at "Just Us" after church. Then I will come home and do the newsletters and after that I will fix my apple brown betty for the Living the Questions group that meets her tomorrow evening at 7:00. Bob will come early and greet everyone and  I will go pick up Gary.

So I will be happy to see Monday come.

More's 6:00 and time to take Missy out.

We were able to stay out only an hour. For one thing, the stray cat was over on Marilyn's carport and I had to chase him away.  Then the mosquitoes got thick and I was having to swat at them. Finally at 7:00 I just asked Missy to just come back in.  I left the door open to the storm door so she could look out. She was pretty good about it.

More even later...

This is my younger son, Scott.

 He's a case! He's generous to a fault! In fact, all my kids are. They are very close.

I got the vacuuming done in the living room. That took some working around Missy.

I picked Bob up at 9:50 and we headed out for Chanute. We had a real good visit with Gay and Tony and even Gay's mother when she got up from her nap. Gay's chicken salad was very good.  We each had half a sandwich and some cantaloupe and tea. It was just what we needed after such a large breakfast. We got back to Coffeyville before 4:00 this afternoon. I did remember to stop at Cherryvale and pick up the meds for their dogs. 

More later....

Bob came over at 5:30 to watch the news and read the paper. When he left, I took my bath and got ready for bed and then Missy and I sat in the recliner and watched CNN's "The Seventies" about the Nixon Watergate scandal.

Missy and I went to bed at 9:00.

No comments: