Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday and Church

This morning I got up after 4:00. I slept well but when I awoke at 4:00, I was never able to get back to sleep. Finally at 4:30, I just got up and dressed and made up my face and got ready for church. My next sermon is September 4th and I have been working on it for a week on and off. That's a long ways off. Anyhow, it was going through my mind.

Also, my neighbor came over last evening...the one on the east. He is concerned about a group of men, one of whom lives across the street in the little house Bob first  moved into after he sold his house. He says they roam around after dark among his apartments (he is the maintenance man there) ...sometimes until midnight. He thinks they may be up to no good. He said he had his front door open and when they were roaming around one of them took a photo of his open doorway. I am long asleep at that hour so I know nothing about it.  I wonder why he didn't call the police if he is so concerned. I told him I would keep my car locked but that, and keeping my doors locked, are all I am going to do. I think his prejudice is showing myself. 

Missy is patiently waiting for her breakfast and I only had a bowl of ice cream yesterday evening so I am hungry too. 

I will work on this some more after Missy and I have our breakfasts.

Well, we've had our breakfasts and I have baked the coffeecake for the Church School class.  It is cooling now and soon I will put a light icing on it.

Missy and I have been out on the carport since 6:00, when it got light.  She has tried to roam twice but come right back to the mat when I insist.

I have watered the plants on the front and will soon water the tomato plant and flowers on the east side.

I have also worked the crossword puzzle in the newspaper.

I will pick up Bob at 9:00 or shortly before 9:00. I am driving this time since he drove last week.

More later....

Karan texted me and said her daughter and son would be at church this morning too and would go with us to Cherryvale to "Just Us" to eat lunch.  We can make it in one car of Becky doesn't come to church. If she comes, someone else will have to take a car too. She said that would not be a problem.  her daughter will take her vehicle over and go from there back to Kansas City.  Ron and Karan would need a ride back home.

The cake is ready to go and so am I. Missy was not too happy about having to come in but she was out from 6:00 until 8:30. Before I got ready to leave, I watered the plants and tomato plant at the east side.

More even later...

Church went well and we had a good attendance. Seven of us went over to "Just Us" in Cherryvale afterward for lunch.

Becky did come to church but she took her own car over to "Just Us". She needed to be back by twenty till 2:00. It was good, as usual. We got back about 1:30 and I took Phyllis back to the church where she had left her car and picked up the meat John had brought to me. Then I took Bob home and came home and began working on my newsletters. I sent out three. The others went out in e-mail.  It's quarter to three now and I probably need to go get gas and buy some stamps. I am trying to put off buying any groceries until after my Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Prudential life insurance payments come out some time before the 29th.  My social security won't be in until the 10th of August. My rent is due on the 1st.

More even later...

I read the rest of the afternoon.

Bob came over about 5:30 and watched the news with me and then 60 Minutes. I fixed some popcorn. He left about 8:00 and I took my bath and sat in the recliner with Missy until went to bed at 9:00. 

No comments: