Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept very badly last night. My right arm ached terribly and I got intermittent sleep. I will pick up Bob in twenty minutes so we can go to Independence and he will visit with his sister, Betty, while I get my hair done. Then we will eat at Big Cheese.

I need to either talk with the appliance repairman again this afternoon or he will need to meet me here at the apartment. The gentle cycle of this washer doesn't work and I am tired of doing my lingerie in the bathroom sink so I called Betty and asked her to have it repaired. The repair man called me last night and I attempted to get the cycle to work from his instructions over the phone.  At first it wouldn't. After I jiggled the dial, it began but it stopped twice and finally stopped altogether after the rinse cycle and would not spin dry.  By then, he had hung up. He is to call me back this morning and we will try to get together after I get back from Independence at 1:00. I left him a telephone message after the cycle finally quit.

Hopefully, he will get back with me.

Missy and I have been outside for over an hour and she is so happy about that. She really missed getting to go outside every morning while I was gone.  Bob did not take her out.

More later..It is time to go....

I got my hair done and cut and then we went to Walmart and bought a couple of things. Later we ate at Big Cheese and then took John's birthday gift out to the house and left it in the rocker on the front porch.

Then I took Bob home and came home myself to meet the washer repair man. He checked out the gentle cycle but it certainly wasn't gentle. I finally had got it to work by jiggling the timer knob. He will talk to Betty to see if she wants him to put a new timer on it.  It will work after a fashion if I jiggle the knob. He tested it and it worked every time.  It never fails, does it?

 More later...

This is the huge stingray Scott brought in after over two hours of hard work.

He was so disappointed that's what it was after all that hard work. . Of course, we had to let it back in the ocean.

More even later....

Betty called me later  to see if I would like her to have the washer Bob had in the apartment he lived in installed. I told her I would just use the one I have until it dies and then she could have the other one installed.

Bob came over and watched the news and one episode of the old "Big Bang Theory" and after that and he left, I took my bath and at 8:30, Missy and I went to bed. I was exhausted.

No comments: