Saturday, October 22, 2016

A Brisk Saturday and Breakfast Out.

I slept well again last night. I got up as usual at 5:00 and made my bed and got ready for the day. I texted Bob about 6:30 to be sure he was up and around and he answered me that he was about ready to go to breakfast.  It was 45 degrees out when I looked at the weather. I have not had my furnace on much yet. I put it on one cool morning just to take the chill off but that's been a couple of weeks ago. 

I picked Bob up at 6:45 and we went to Eggbert's for breakfast. We have their Silver Dollar Special which is $4.95 plus .99 coffee and tax.  It's the most filling and cheapest thing on the breakfast menu. I took him home when we finished and went to Braum's to buy garlic bread. We may have a late light lunch of the rest of yesterday's goulash and that garlic bread.  I'm sure not hungry right now. That Silver Dollar Special is three small pancakes, one scrambled egg and two pieces of bacon. That and coffee are about all I can handle.

When I got home I warmed up the cup of Chai Latte I was about to drink when he told me he was ready to go to breakfast.

Missy has crawled up on the daybed behind me and is napping. 

More later...

About 1:00 Bob asked me to go with him to Big Cheese in Independence  for lunch. We did that and since he bought lunch yesterday, I bought it today. He had to donate a dollar because I was a little short.

Later we drove around Independence awhile and then he drove back to Coffeyville and let me out at the apartment.  Then he went home.

I read for awhile but then went out and raked leaves for a couple of hours...not that it'll do any good. The trees are still full of leaves yet to fall.

It's after 4:00 now and I think I'll get my frozen drink out for my dinner. I'm very tired after all that raking and bending to scoop the leaves up and dump them in the trash container Bob gave me when he moved over to Sycamore Landing. Maybe I will really sleep well tonight. I do need to wash my hair. We are having a dinner at church tomorrow and in the morning, I will fix my dessert and get my veggies ready to go too.

More even later...

Bob came over after 5:00 and stayed until nearly 7:00. When he left, I washed my hair and got ready for bed. I didn't go to bed until 9:30 though. What a big day! Tomorrow will be even bigger. 

No comments: