Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Very Busy Sunday

I didn't sleep as well last night. I worried about having enough food for our basket dinner this noon at church. We have six good cooks out today. There are two in Wichita and one in Oklahoma. Both of them on the same day. We are scrambling to have enough food. We have guests coming from Chanute and a guest speaker.  I have goulash, a veggie and my cherry pie cake dessert.

I finally got up at 5:00 and got ready for the day. I dressed and baked my dessert. Then I packed the things I will need to take to the dinner in sacks.  I'm as ready as I can be.  After the dinner and cleanup, I will do my weekly newsletters and later this evening we will have the Living the Questions group at Karan's home. I will need to pick up Gary at 6:40.

Our guest minister is going to talk to us during Church School class about the Seekers group the World Church has begun to make the LDS who are leaving their church welcome with us. We come from the same beginning background in 1830 but our church separated from them when the polygamy and their esoteric teachings were disclosed after just 13 years.  Then we changed our name in 2000 to Community of Christ to separate even further from their movement. Unfortunately their teachings are an embarrassment to our people. We are a mission minded people.The LDS are excommunicating their Gay members and also not offering a baby blessing for their children...those who have children. That is just terrible! People cannot choose their orientation. 

More later...

The services went fine. She did a good job.  Vic did show up and since he was my guest, I sat with him. I don't know that he will come back but we all invited him. He had a dinner engagement  already so he did not stay for the dinner.

When I got home, I unloaded my leftovers and did the congregational newsletters. Then later I read my new Time magazine. Bob came over shortly after 5:00 and we watched the rest of the game he had been watching.  I left at 6:35 to pick up Gary. Bob decided his back hurt too badly to go so he went home to watch 60 minutes on his own TV. There he could put on his PJs and be comfortable.  I suggested he take some ibuprofen for his back.

We had a rather small attendance at Living the Questions. I learned that Marilyn was in the hospital in Denver with a staph infection and Joyce did not attend. Richard and Mona were there, Gary and I were there. Howard and Judy were there too. With Karan as hostess, that was all of us.

I took Gary back to his home after the meeting was over at 8:40. We stopped at Dollar General for a couple of things he needed on the way.  The group will meet again on November 13th.

I took my bath when I got home and got ready for bed. I may go straight to bed. It's been a huge day.


Sister--Three said...

So glad you had enough food. Lord worked it out.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes...and his handmaidens did too. lol