Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday and a Very Busy Day

I got up before 5:00 this morning. I had a meatloaf to bake for the dinner following church. I am tired because I lose too much sleep.

I got the meatloaf done and the minutes ready for the business meeting and then went to pick up Bob shortly before 9:00. He has been having some pain in his hips and legs He is scheduled for an MRI on Wednesday.

We had a good church school class and Bob brought pumpkin bread. That went over very well with coffee. We had a nice sized class today too. We started our new book. It's called "Saving Jesus...From the Church"  It looks like it could be very interesting.  We did the preface today and had a good discussion.

After church school we went in to our business meeting. We elected officer for the congregation and also  voted on a call to Elder for one of our pastors. We elect our pastors from among the Elders. We are a self sustaining church and do not pay our staff.

After the business meeting Vivian preached.  She did a good job. And then we had a basket dinner. I helped clean up afterward. I had some meatloaf left. Another woman had also brought meatloaf.  I will warm it up tomorrow for lunch with some fried potatoes and salad. I have pudding too in the frig.

I worked on the minutes when I got home and then put out the newsletter to the congregation.  Now I have that finished and I want to share the latest photo of my daughter's eight puppies. They are three weeks old today.

Aren't they cute? That's a pile of puppies.

Scott texted me this afternoon. I am getting excited about my trip. I leave the 20th of December and come back January 4th.  Bob will come over and take care of Missy. I had intended to take her out to Leslie's but he said she would be miserable and he would come over to feed her and give her her treats and clean out her litter box.

I worked most of the afternoon on the newsletters and the minutes to the congregation's business meeting.

Marilyn R came over with some of the containers I had sent food home with her. She brought me some fresh baked oatmeal cookies. They were very good. I limited myself to one with my Chai. 

Bob came over after 5:00 and watched a football game with me before the 60 Minutes program. Then we watched 60 Minutes and he went home. I took my bath and sat with Missy in my lap and watched TV until 9:00 when Missy and I went to bed.  

No comments: