Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Tuesday and Cake Day

I slept well last night and until 5:00...my usual rising time. I only woke up once and went right back to sleep after that.

I fixed Missy and my breakfast after I finished dressing. She is wanting to go outside but it's chilly out there. I took the cakes out and put them in my trunk awhile ago. It's 39 degrees out there. I haven't let he rout yet and probably won't until it warms up a bit.

Marilyn R. called me last evening and wants me to help her download the free Avast program to protect her computer. I told her it would be after lunch and she said that would be just fine. Bob and I will deliver the cakes today and then eat at Big Cheese after I get my hair done. When I get home I will try to help her with Avast.

I learned the last time Bob and I delivered cakes that four of our people are no longer taking cakes to the First Christian Church. We used to deliver eight now we are just delivering four. I would never have learned that but usually when we take in our four we say "You will have two more from Neodesha and two more from Independence". Barbara, the secretary there, just smiles and nods. This past time I took the cakes in she said, "I am so happy you brought cakes; we only have two in the freezer". They serve a couple of hundred people each Tuesday evening. So I said "Well, remember, you'll have two more from Independence and two more from Neodesha coming". She didn't say a word more. I suddenly realized that perhaps those four were not bringing cakes anymore. So I asked my daughter and she admitted neither she nor the other two pastors were taking cakes in anymore.  I was appalled. I don't know why or when they stopped and didn't tell us.  Barbara must have thought I was pretty oblivious.

I told them after that, that they could always make them up at their convenience and take them to church on Sunday and put them in the church's freezer and Bob and I could always pick them up on Tuesdays on our way to Independence.  Instead, we have been shorting them cakes...for I don't know how long.  I was appalled.

Anyhow, I don't think the four of us will stop making them up. They depend on us to help.

I am having a problem with my Keurig again. I tried to make up a cup of Chai this morning and it would not pour water out when I pushed the buttons. It took about six tries before I finally got a cup of Chai. I guess I'll try descaling it again That didn't help last time that happened. I had to take the thing apart and run the parts under the sprayer at the sink. That cleared it up. I had been brewing Cappuccino and it evidently clogged it up. So, I quit using it for Cappuccino.

Well, it's almost time to go pick up Bob so I'd better get the lights off and the the TV off and get ready to leave.

More later....

I got Bob picked up and we went on to Independence. After I got my hair done and we went out to Wal Mart and also Goodies to kill time, we went to Big Cheese and had lunch. Then I took Bob home and went over to Marilyn's to work on her computer. After that, I went on to Bartlesville to pick up another charger for Ginger's birthday.

Bob came over after 5:00 to watch TV and when he leaves, I will take my bath and get ready for bed.  Then Missy and I will watch TV for awhile before we go to bed.

Leslie texted me this evening to ask me to meet her for lunch on Friday...my birthday.  I will meet her at 12:00 or thereafter.