Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday and a Birthday

Today is my 81st birthday. I don't feel 81. That's a blessing. After the first of the year sometime, I hope to have surgery to get my bladder back where it belongs. I am tired of struggling with that problem. I could walk to town if that wasn't a problem. It's only 18 blocks.

Missy slept well last night. I awoke at 3:00 and never could get back to sleep. I went to bed at 9:00 last night and that is just too early.  Unfortunately, I can't keep my eyes open much later.

This morning at 8:00, I will go get Bob so he can come back here and check to see if his social security came in last night. He gets his on the 3rd....lucky guy. Since the 3rd is on Saturday, he may have it today. If he does, I will write his rent checks. He has essential tremor so I do most of his paperwork. Bob does not have a router so he leaves his notebook here where he can use mine.

After that, we will go to exercise class. Then after that, we will go to Utopia for cinnamon rolls. And then I will go to Independence to meet Leslie for lunch at the Railroad Inn for my birthday. Bob will be on his own for lunch. He may take some of this stew we have left from Tuesday. It needs to be eaten.

This afternoon, I will celebrate by cleaning the apartment.

Tomorrow we may go to Joplin to eat lunch at Olive Garden.  It's been awhile. We will have soup and salad there. I love their Suppa Tuscana and their salad. It is just enough.

(We decided to make it next weekend. We are expecting rain this Saturday.)

I will go to Independence to tour the Christmas Arts and Crafts Fairs instead tomorrow at 9:00. They have them at their museum, the Methodist Church, the Catholic Church and the Episcopal Church. That should take all morning. 

More later....

This is my younger son, Scott, and his lovely wife, Ginger.




This is my older son and his lovely wife, Esther.


They are a pair!

I don't have a photo of my daughter. She refuses to have her photo taken. This is the best I could do.

Here they are all together for my 80th birthday last year.




More later...It's been quite a birthday and it's only 10:45. I've had a dozen facebook birthday wishes, a card from my brother-in-law and one from the exercise class. Marilyn R., my neighbor, bought my cinnamon roll this morning. My cousin-in-law called and sang Happy Birthday to me from Houston. That was a big surprise. I am meeting my daughter for lunch at the Railroad Inn in Independence.

So more later....

It's been a bonanza day! I had a neat card from my brother-in-law, a book from my friend, Bill, candy from Juanita and Cyndi, a Scentsy from my daughter. Leslie, (to make the place smell like Christmas) and flowers from Scott and Ginger.

Here are the photos.

That's the cute Scentsy from Leslie, the cards and the candy from Cyndi (I got Juanita's early last week and have eaten it already).

That's the lovely flowers from Scott and Ginger! They came while I was at lunch with Leslie and Cyndi. There was a doorknob hanger on my door when I got home. I called Green Acres Florist and they brought them back over! They are lovely and the place smells like Christmas already! What a birthday!

And it's not finished yet! I still have a card coming from Keith and Esther.

I cleaned the apartment this afternoon. All but the den. Missy was sleeping in there and I did not want to disturb her. I can clean it tomorrow. She seems to be doing fine today. Strange...

Missy had a terrible evening. try as she might, she could not get up in my lap in the recliner. Finally she just lay in the floor and waited for me to get ready to go to bed. When I went to bed she tried and tried to jump up on the little footstool to get up on the bed.  Finally after a half dozen tries, she finally made it. She stayed on the bed all night.

It appears to be her hindquarters.   
.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Happy birthday. You have a lovely family. Just turn that
81 around and you are 18, again!

Margie's Musings said...

Sounds good to me.... only with the wisdom I have accumulated! :)

Betty said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good time.

Margie's Musings said...

I did, Betty It was a great birthday!

marlu said...

Glad you had a great birthday. For some reason, I didn't check my favorite blogs yesterday so missed the day to say "Happy Birthday!" Your family treats you very well - that is such a blessing. (I feel the same way about ours.)