Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wednesday and Gay Comes

I slept very well last night. I took some allergy meds. I got up after 5:00 and started right in feeding Missy and myself. I took my Chai out on the carport and did some sweeping and watering. We are supposed to get rain this evening so that really isn't necessary...Habit, I guess.

I was out there when a lady named Darlene came by. She was trying to raise Wayne, my former landlord. She also couldn't raise Merrill, his son. She finally got Wayne's daughter on the phone. She was to be his caretaker for 20 hours a week. He is 96 and will be 97 in May on the 20th. She finally got his daughter on the phone and promised to return on Tuesday. She gave me a half dozen cookies she had baked for Wayne. She seemed very nice.

I had taken Missy out with me and when I was visiting with Darlene, she slipped away from me. When I came back in the house, I expected her to be on the daybed or...worst case scenario, on my chair.  She wasn't to be found. Then I remembered she had been outside with me. I hurried out to find her. She wasn't in the front so I stuck my head around to the east side and called "Here..Missy Kitty! Here, Missy Kitty!" and she came running...just like she used to do when we lived over on Catalina. Good kitty! She is lying behind me now in the daybed.  She had been exploring.

My friend.Gay, will be coming this morning sometime. I really don't know when. I am staying home from exercise class because I don't want to be gone when she comes. She wants to shop for new summer shoes before we go to her class reunion planning meeting.

I got all my housework done this week except stripping my bed and doing that laundry. I will do that in the morning. Friday is free.

More later....

Gay  and her sister, Adell,  came a little after  10:30. I could have gone to exercise class but I didn't know when she was coming. We visited for an hour and then went to the dinner at Sirloin Stockade.  After that we went to Brown Shoe Fit Company and they bought shoes.

After 2:00, I finally got them back home and they took off for Chanute, where they both live.

I lay down with Missy after that and watched TV and fell asleep. I don't how long I slept but when I woke up it was time for the newspaper...4:30. I read that and then Bob came at 5:15. He stayed until 7:00 and when he left, I watched PBS until 9:00. I couldn't stay awake any longer so Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: