Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Tuesday and A Funeral

I slept well again last night.  It's so good to be able to sleep again..thanks to Zyrtec.  It keeps my sinus from draining and waking me up at night with a stuffed up head.

I got up about 5:30 this morning and dressed and got ready for the day. I have fed myself and Missy. I was all ready dressed for the funeral, which will be held in the hanger Greg used for his plane and I saw the forecast. It's supposed to rain. So I got out of my dress clothing and dressed in denim dress slacks and flat heels. I will also take my umbrella.

I balanced my checkbook already this morning. I am probably going to be short for a couple of weeks. My social security doesn't come in this next month until the 14th of June and my rent is due before the 5th.  I will probably just transfer some from my savings until then.  Then I will transfer it back when it finally does come in.

I will leave about 8:20 and stop at our church to get Phyllis's cake from the freezer and then leave for Independence to leave the cakes at the First Christian Church and afterward get my hair cut and done at 9:00.

Then after that, I will just go have lunch at great China and later go to Walmart to get my veggie tray for Johnna's dinner after the funeral. I will then go out to Leslie's and she and I will drive to Neodesha to leave the food at Johnna's house before we go on to the funeral at 2:00 at the hanger at the airport just north of Neodesha where Greg kept his plane.  I will take my umbrella. It is supposed to rain.  The graveside service is at Mound Valley. If it rains we may not go there for the burial. It just depends on the weather.  We will probably not get back to Leslie's until 4:00 or so and it will be even later before I get home. Poor Missy will spend another full day alone.

Tomorrow should be a quieter day...I hope. We will have exercises but afterward no game day. So I will finish my vacuuming of my bedroom and the den. I got the living room and dining room done yesterday.

More later...

Everything went off fine. It was not exactly as I planned but it all got done. Cyndi went with us too. The only thing we didn't do was go to the graveside service. After sitting in the 83 degree sun for an hour or so, I was exhausted and most of those who had to sit in the sun were too. I'm sure many folks went to the graveside service but Karan and her group and Leslie and hers decided not to try it.

I got home at 4:00. And then I took my bath and watched TV with Missy.

At 9:00, I will go to bed. Another exhausting day!


Sister--Three said...

So sorry about the tragic loss of Greg!

Margie's Musings said...

It was awful, wasn't it!