Saturday, June 3, 2017

Saturday and Perhaps a Trip to Joplin

I slept well again last night and go up shortly after 5:00AM. I got Missy fed and took the paper over to Marilyn R. She will read it and then recycle it. I always take my papers to her for that reason. 

Bob and I were going to go to breakfast out this morning but I had a text from him and he wanted to skip breakfast out and go to Joplin to the Olive Garden for lunch instead.  It doesn't matter to me except that we have a 60% chance of rain today and we may get into a downpour.  He says let's just wait and see if it happens. So I'm O.K. with that.

Missy wants to go back outside so I will get back to this a little later....

Bob showed up at 9:30 and we left for Joplin. We got there about 11:00 and went straight to the Olive Garden for lunch. We both had our favorite...salad and soup with peace tea. We had the worst waitress ever. She took forever to get anything done. We were actually there over an hour..most of the time waiting for something. She even put our bill on one ticket after we specifically told her "separate tickets". Finally, after a long wait, she brought up separate tickets but couldn't get the table computer to work and took my bill back to the kitchen to redo. That took another 15 minutes. She was so flustered. She must have been new.  Anyhow, after we got out of there....finally...we went to the mall. Bob wanted to buy a pair of shoes at Sears and a pair of PJs at TJ Maxx. He found neither. In fact, he found the shoes which should have been on sale but they were $60 instead of $39.00 which is what he usually pays on sale.  I looked around at Christopher and Banks but didn't need a thing.  

We got back about 4:00 and after he left me, Denise, his younger daughter, came over to his apartment to visit.

I stayed home the rest of the evening and watched TV. In fact since he didn't come over again, I took my bath early and watched TV with Missy on the sofa. I fell asleep there and finally just got up at 9:30 and Missy and I went to bed.


No comments: