Monday, September 11, 2017

Monday and News of the Florida Storm

I slept fitfully...worrying about Scott and  Ginger. I finally went to sleep and awoke at 6:00.  I hurriedly dressed and fed Missy and myself. As soon as I was finished I texed Scott to see how the storm went for them. They sustained damage again and it included their foyer and one room...what else I don't know. But they can't go through a hurricane every year.

Last year after Matthew hit them Scott had to threaten to put a full page ad in the Jacksonville newspaper to expose them to get the insurance company to pay their contractor after they finally got the house repaired.  I hope they don't have to go through that again. Ginger is going to look for work elsewhere and they are going to sell the house and move out of Florida.

They are leaking water into the house again too.  They were up all night stuffing pillows into house vents. If they had not stayed they would have had even worse damage. 

I am leaving soon for Bartlesville to get my car seat belt looked at.  I will stay in Kansas. You can always get a tornado shelter if you are under a tornado warning.

More later.... .

It was just as I thought...the pulley. I made that trip and lost the morning for nothing. I will have to go back in a few days after they receive the pulley. They had to order it.

Grrr...

My neighbor, Marilyn just came by to see how Scott and Ginger made out with the hurricane. She has a son in Tampa and he is fine. It skirted Tampa.  I told her what Scott had told me this morning in his text.

I will lay down in awhile and take a nap with Missy.

I got my nap and when I woke up I received this belated Grandparents Day card from my great granddaughter, Sage, who will be 14 on the 16th. She lives in Olympia.

 She is very sweet and cute. She came back this summer to spend a month with her grandmother, my daughter, Leslie, and her grandfather, John, Leslie's husband.

She also sent this.  It looks like Swans. There was no explanation on this one. But they are pretty!

 It's almost time for Bob to come watch the news. I'd better go in the living room.

I heard more from Scott this afternoon. They are planning to move to Tennessee to be near Ginger's daughter who is going to have a baby, Ginger's first grandchild. I understand that although I was hoping they would move to Kansas.

More later...

Bob stayed until a little after 6:00 and I took my bath and got ready for bed. I watched PBS until 9:00 when Missy and I went to bed.

2 comments: