Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday and a Trip to Chanute

I didn't sleep all that well last night but I don't feel too bad. I got up at 4:45 after lying there for an hour.  I got myself ready for the day and took care of Missy's litter box and her treats. She is up on the daybed behind me asleep now.  She sleeps even more anymore. She will be 15 in March..if she makes it until March.

I went out to South Coffeyville first thing this morning and filled up my tank with gas. My three trips to Independence this week really depleted my gas. It's now $2.16.9 out there but it's over $2.25.9 here in Coffeyville.

I am supposed to be in Chanute by 11:00 but Gay lives about ten miles east of Chanute in the country. She and Tony have horses and mules. Adele, Gay's sister, wanted me to come about 11:00 because Tony leaves for his dialysis at 11:00. It's an hour to Chanute and another ten to twenty minutes out to Gay's home.

Bob has gone to Independence today. It's his sister's 93rd birthday. The family...what there is left of it will probably be there today. He may be late getting back. I will have lunch at Gay's and he will probably have lunch there at Betty's.

More later...I'd better leave.

I had great time at Gay's house and she is pretty much normal again. I only noticed that she told the same story three times but I didn't say anything about it.

We played dominoes all afternoon and had a very good chicken salad lunch with rolls and a pear salad.

I had a good time and Janet was there too and she and Adele and I played this game of "train" all afternoon. Kathy took Tony to his dialysis and then did some shopping. She is planning on going home this weekend. Adele is there and so is Janet.

I got home shortly after  4:00 PM.

 Bob will be over shortly to watch the news. I am tired but invigorated. I am so happy Gay seems to be improving so much.

More later....

After Bob left, I took my bath and Missy and I watched TV for awhile. I fell asleep so at 8:45, I just went on to bed. Shortly after, she joined me on the bed. 

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I am now craving chicken salad :) AND I never learned how to 'play dominoes' in my entire lifetime / how crazy is that. I have dominoes here for the grandkids but just for setting them up and knocking them down! :)

Margie's Musings said...

It's a fun game...especially the "train" game with them. We played four games of that.