Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thursday and House Cleaning day

I slept well last night. Thank Goodness!

I cleaned all morning and also did my laundry. I got an awful lot done. 

Bob and I went to lunch at Kansas Buffet at noon. The meal was good. We decided to eat out each Thursday since Thursday is my cleaning day. 

I cleaned the apartment all afternoon too. I did the dusting.

About 3:00 or so, Juanita called. She thought I had got away with her house keys yesterday since she could not find them.  Of course, Juanita is also almost entirely blind. She had me look in my purse and the pocket of the jeans I wore yesterday. I knew I did not have them but she was also sure I did. I told her I would come back up to Independence and help her look. So, I drove back to Independence again and searched her house. Of course I did not find the keys.

I was driving back home when she called. She had lain down to take a nap and suddenly remembered that she had asked her stepson to come over this morning and check the antifreeze in her car. He did that and did not come into the house afterward. She called him and asked him to check his pockets for her house and car keys. Sure enough! He had them. He took them back over to her after I left. I got back home after 4:00.

What an exhausting day!

Tomorrow I will go to Chanute to see Gay. I talked to Adele, her sister, this afternoon and Gay has been much better.  She went to a chiropractor. It seemed to help a lot. In fact, just before I went to bed, Gay called to confirm that I was coming.

Bob A. came over at 5:00 to watch the news and after he left, I took my bath and lay on the sofa  with Missy and watched "This Old House" on PBS. About 9:00, I went to bed. I imagine Missy will come in shortly too.


No comments: