Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept well last night. I did wake up at 12:30 but after going to the bathroom, I got back to sleep.

Missy didn't disturb my sleep as badly last night.

I will get my hair done at 9:00 this morning....thank goodness! It really needs help. It's  all out of shape.

I got up shortly before 5:00. I had my sleep out.  I have eaten and fed Missy too. Missy really appears to be slowing down. I hope she makes it to her 15th birthday in March. When it gets light, I will take her out for awhile. It's 50 degrees out there now. I hope it warms up a bit. She can't handle the cold.

I will get back shortly after 10:30 this morning. We will pick up Phyllis F at 11:30 for the Salvation Army salad luncheon. I have the tickets.

I don't have any other plans for today. I may vacuum out my car while I am in Independence this morning.

More later...

I didn't vacuum out the car. I just came on back home. I went by the ATM and got some money for the rest of the week.

The lunch was fine but it was soup instead of salads. They were all right but I was all set for many salads.  Still, we saw a lot of people we knew.

I took Bob and Phyllis F. home afterward. Bob was going to take a nap. Missy is taking a nap too...on the sofa.

I will read my Kindle this afternoon. More later...

I had an update for my laptop computer and when I updated it, it would no longer boot up.  I tried several times and the computer tried too but to no avail.  It was down for good. This probably had something to do with the twenty minute update from Microsoft last Thursday. After I finally got the update done, it would shut down instead of go to sleep. The tech said it was probably the update because they had had two other people with the same problem.

I e-mailed Keith about the latest problem and he said it was probably the hard drive and told me to send it to him and he would fix it. I packed it up in a box I had saved and took it to V & S Variety for pickup with UPS. I was too late for today and they will get it off tomorrow.  What a blessing to have an IT in the family. He hopes to be able to salvage the stuff in My Documents. I hope he can. I have back up on the desktop computer but had none on the laptop.

He will send it back to me...hopefully before my trip to Florida in November. I need it to pay my bills from there.  Maybe he will bring it Thanksgiving when he and Esther come.

Ah my! Always something! I had to go do the invocation for the City Commission meeting at 6:00. When I get home, I will take my bath and read until Missy and I go to bed at 9:00. 
 

No comments: