Tuesday, June 5, 2018

A Busy Tuesday and Hair Day and Juanita's Stitches Out

I slept very well last night.  I woke up at 12:30 and didn't think I wouldn't be able to get back to bed. After I checked out my computer, though, I went back to bed and back to sleep. I slept until 5:00.

I got up and started my laundry..... mostly towels ...and got myself ready for the day. I fed Missy and myself and we went outside and I watered everything.

I will go to Independence and get my hair done at 9:00. I will stay there and browse around until noon and then eat there...probably at Arby's. Afterward, I will go up to Juanita's and take her to her clinic so her nurse can take the stitches out. I haven't heard from Dr. Holland's office about her biopsy so this morning after they open, I will call them to see if they have heard from the lab.

I also need to drop by Walgreen's and pick up my med there.

My laundry needs to be put in the dryer..more in a little bit. .....

O.K. That's done. This is the first time in a week that I have done laundry. Missy is no longer wetting on the pad under her litter box...thank goodness! The larger litter box seems to have fixed that mess.

More later....

I went on to Independence and got my hair done and afterward went by Walgreen's and picked up my prescription.  Then I went to Walmart and bought some treats fir Missy. I looked around and killed some time and then went on over to Juanita's and visited with her for awhile and then took her to her clinic to get her stitches out.  That hurt her some because the stitches had grown into the incision. But she managed. She is tough! Even at 96.

Then I took her home. We visited awhile and then I went on home myself. I was very tired. I did call Dr.  Holland's office in Bartlesville and got them to tell me the results of her lab work. The incision right in front of her throat was not cancer and the one on the left side of her throat was squamous cell carcinoma but Dr. Holland got it all. She was so relived to get that information.

When I got home I cleaned out Missy's litter box, emptied  the dryer of the towels I had washed and dried and read awhile.  I am pretty tired and will go on to bed at 9:00 as usual. It's almost time for my bath right now.

Ginger texted me this evening about the cruise. She is as excited as I am. Linda, her mother, also was in on the texting. She is pretty excited too. We are all looking forward to the cruise. It should be in the 50's or even 60's as we get closer to Alaska. I am going to take slacks and long sleeved shirts and perhaps vests and a jacket and my new coat.

So, more later.

I took my bath at 7:00 and Missy and I watched a couple of hilarious episodes of "Frasier" before we went to bed at 9:00.


2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Margie I love Arby's....and haven't had one of their sandwiches for ages, lol I am craving that now. I would love to just replicate their sauce :)

Margie's Musings said...

I understand. I was trying to find the Independence Arby's and I couldn't find it so I just stopped at Big Cheese and got a small pizza.