Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night for a change. Thank goodness!

Anyhow I got up at 5:00 and got myself ready for church and fed Missy and myself. I'm almost afraid to mention it, but ever since I bought the larger litter box, she has not missed it once. What a relief! I am not having to do her mat laundry three times a week...or more. Once she got used to the new litter box, she has done fine using it.

I took her out for awhile just a little bit ago so she could lay in the sun.  She loves that. But she came in without an argument when I needed to get out of the sun.

I got my coffeecake done and iced and called Phyllis. She is to drive today...she insisted.  I went over to Dollar General and bought some more small plates for the coffeecake.

John and Leslie have taken their camper and gone to Roaring River to fish. They will be back tomorrow or Tuesday. ...probably Tuesday!

I don't have a plan for today. We will probably eat at "Just Us" after church unless someone has a better idea. When I get home I will do my newsletters and get the ones out in either e-mail of the snail  mail that don't show up for church.

More later....It's almost time for Phyllis to get here.

Phyllis came on time and we went to pick up Bob. Karan had the sermon at church and she did a good job. Afterward we went over to Cherryvale  to "Just Us" for a good  lunch.

After she took us home, I did the congregational newsletters and sent Laura N. a birthday card from the congregation.

I read most of the afternoon and even took Missy out on the patio while the weather was mostly nice. She really enjoyed getting to be outside and came in when I was ready to come in.

I went over to Marilyn's for about an hour and visited and took her a piece of the coffee cake I had brought home from church.  I will try to get some into Rick's truck before he leaves for work in the morning. Rick and Carmen are buying Etta's house and she will be moving away to be near her family.

I watched 60 Minutes at 6:00 and then after that, at 7:00, I took my bath and  lay down with Missy to watch "Frasier" on Amazon Prime. At 9:00, Missy and I went on to bed.

No comments: