Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday and a Poor Night's Sleep

I never should have eaten that trail mix. My stomach rolled all night. I woke up several times during the night...not because of the mattress this time but because I had so much on my mind...and my stomach.

I also thought about that meal we will be fixing for Mike and Laura on Monday. Sue told me that they took their Wednesday meal over at 6:00 PM, evidently because Laura would be home from work by then. I know the day will be still be light by then, but I will need to find their home. I have never been there. If we go over to Cherryvale to "Just Us" for lunch on Sunday, I may look it up then.. just so I will know where they live early. I must also remember to put that ground beef for their hamburger pie casserole in the frig to thaw for Monday's meal. I am fixing that and Karan is fixing a salad and Phyllis is doing dessert. I will see if I can get Karan to go with me to take the food over Monday evening. Melissa and Leslie will  be taking tonight's meal to them. They are taking spaghetti, garlic toast and salad for their meal.

It's almost 4:00AM now. I may go back and lay down in bed. So...more later...

Well, I did just that and slept until 6:00 so I feel better.

I fed myself and Missy and dressed for the day.  I guess I will go to exercise class. The rain has stopped  now. I did the crossword puzzle and then took the Reporter over to Marilyn.

I will get back to this later...

I went on to exercise class but was careful what exercises I did so as to not hurt my right  rotater cuff.  Afterward Karan and I went to Utopia and got our Utopiachenos and cinnamon rolls. None of the rest of the exercise class was there...neither Marilyn  or Darlene had saved the large table and they were not there either.

Now I will not eat lunch until much later.....I am full.

I finally ate lunch about 3:00. I had my meatloaf and mashed potatoes Walmart frozen dinner.  I received John's birthday gift in today's mail and got it wrapped. Now I am ready! His birthday is September 14th so I have almost a month.

I have watched the news on CBS streaming today. My antenna seldom works anymore. The Tivo  Keith and Esther brought me allows me to use my router streaming to get my Amazon Prime movies and TV shows.  So I have plenty of entertainment. It's after 4:00 now so at 5:00 I will watch Channel 6 on the notebook computer.

After I rebooted both the router and the modem, I was able to watch not only CBS News but also PBS News on my notebook computer.

It's 6:00PM now and I think I will take my bath and put my PJs on and watch some Amazon Prime.

Every day, I thank both Keith and Esther for giving me the Tivo that I can use to log onto Amazon Prime. It's been a real blessing. The antenna that Betty had put in the attic doesn't work well at all anymore but since I can stream the networks and get Amazon Prime on the computers with the router, who cares. I am not missing anything important. There are really no shows I care anything about on today's TV. It's mostly murders and violence.

My TV told me to check my internet connection this evening. I have plenty of internet yet I cannot access TV.  Strange. The antenna wire is broken and I have no antenna now. That must be why my TV screen tears so much.

I contacted Keith and he had me reboot the antenna and the Tivo. With the broken wire though now I cannot get any TV through the antenna.  I can stream TV CBS news on my computer and stream the Amazon Prime on the TV so I will just deal with it that way until Keith and Esther come in November. 

More later...I plan to go to bed at 9:00 or so.


No comments: