Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tuesday and Hair Day

I didn't sleep all that well last night. I woke up at 2:00 and it was off and on after that..mostly off. I finally just got up at 4:00AM.

I also have off and on TV this morning...mostly off...badly tearing. 

I have fed both Missy and myself. It's only 5:15 now and she thinks we ought to go outside and it's pitch dark out there. Of course, we will wait until it's light out there. 

I am running a load of dishes this morning. When I run out of cereal bowls and glasses, I run the load. I also have that coffeecake dish in there.

Missy is still wanting to go outside. But it's still dark out so that isn't going to happen yet.  And, we have a 90% chance of rain today.

More later...

About 7:00 I took Missy out for awhile while I deadheaded the flowers and swept off the patio and carport. Finally she was ready to come back in to eat and have some water. She is in on my bed now napping. She sleeps a lot anymore.

I got the clean dishes put away and have watched the news . The picture is doing a little better but still tears every once in awhile. 

I went out to Walmart and bought my groceries for the week. I came home and put them away. Then I went over to Caney to have lunch out with Nancy after that. I told her I had a hair appointment at 12:30 and could not stay to visit more this time but she seemed to think that was just fine. I also am to give the invocation at the city commission meeting this evening at 6:30 at city hall. So it was a very busy day already. Again, Nancy insisted on buying my lunch. If she ever comes to Coffeyville, I want to buy hers. She keeps saying she is going to come but so far I have gone over there. I like Nancy very much. She is such a sweet person.

I got back just in time for my hair appointment. It looks much better now.

More later...

Three of us from the Ministerial Alliance write Minister's Messages for the newspaper except that the one other woman minister doesn't write hers unless I  remind her. I have a life too. I send out a schedule but she evidently doesn't post it anywhere and follow it.  She has missed her week on two occasions. I am sending an extra from time to time so Jennifer at the newspaper will have something to put in the column. I also send in a Coffeyville Church Brief every week to tell who is speaking at Crossroads, the time, and invite people to attend.

I have to be at city hall at 6:30 to do the invocation for the city commission meeting.

So, more later... 

I stayed for the meeting and didn't get home until 8:00. I quickly took my bath and then Missy and I watched Amazon Prime until 9:30 and then we went to bed.



No comments: