Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday and No Particular Plan

I slept fitfully last night and finally just got up at 4:30AM. I am not sure I am going to exercise class this morning. My right shoulder hurt most of the night. If I sleep on my right side, the shoulder eventually hurts.  If I sleep on my left side, the rim of that ear on the left eventually bleeds on the pillow. I have a hard time sleeping on my back. I have trouble breathing while on my back. Heck of a mess!   Growing old is not for sissies.

I have fed myself and Missy and emptied her litter box.

Scott called this morning and we talked quite awhile. He is having a struggle with trying to get everything done to start the new job. I won't go into all that here. 

More later..

I ended up going to exercise class. At lunchtime I had a coupon for a free Arby's roast beef sandwich so I took it up there and ate at...for free.  .

More later...

Leslie texted me about helping Laura and Mike with their meals while Mike recuperates from his major surgery. Phyllis and Karan and I will take Mondays since Phyllis doesn't work on Mondays. Johnna and Sue will take Wednesdays and Melissa and Leslie will take Fridays. Sue will coordinate the menus so we don't all fix the same things. Laura had a terrible back surgery not too long ago and has had a hard time recuperating. She only went back to work because she was out of sick leave. We will start by doing this for three weeks and see how Mike's situation goes. He has to have another major surgery after this heals so we may be doing this again for awhile. They are such nice kids. I am glad we can help.

 When I got home I began trying to help Marilyn with her computer...to save some old pictures from her floppy disk to a CD. Actually she has this old floppy disk and wondered if my old computer had a floppy drive. It doesn't....  but I just happen to have a exterior floppy drive so I took it over and we saved her old 17 year old photos on her hard drive.

Then I received Bob's coffees from Amazon so I texted him and he came over to pick them up. After he left, I took Missy back out for awhile.

Then I ate my yogurt while I watched the news.

More later....

At 7:00 I will take my bath and lie on the sofa with Missy and watch TV or Amazon Prime. It depends on how well the TV reception holds up.

We wil go to bed around 9:00PM.


No comments: