Thursday, August 16, 2018

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning Day

I slept pretty well last night. This new mattress is not so firm as to hurt my shoulder. I got up once in the night and went to the bathroom and cleaned out Missy's litter. Then I got back to sleep. I got up at 5:00AM as usual. As soon as I got ready for the day and fed myself and Missy she wanted to go outside...as usual. I took my Chai and we went out and I started deadheading the flowers. In a little bit, Bob came over and he stayed and visited awhile. I showed him my new mattress.

While we were visiting, the TV screen began tearing again so I turned it off.  After he left, I turned on the CBS Morning News on my computer by streaming it. That seems to be my only alternative and a way to get the news live.

The TV still works fine to get my Amazon Prime. I use that every evening for myself and Missy.

I went back out for awhile and finished deadheading the flowers.Then I had to pick Missy up to get her back in. She loves to lie in the sun out there but it was getting hot and I have stuff to do. In just a little while, I will begin my vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen floors.

More later....

I got all the vacuuming and mopping finished except the dining room but I am played out now. I will do that later...I will also wipe off the cabinets in the bathroom and kitchen and dust later too. I am really tired. I vacuum with my left arm to save the right arm rotater cuff from the strain. My left arm is not all that strong. So I am very tired. It's only 10:11AM so I have plenty of time to finish later in the day.I stopped by Cantrell's and got a new battery for my watch.  My watch had stopped at 7:05 AM. I had moved it forward to 8:10AM  when I noticed that and then the second hand stopped altogether. After Mrs. Cantrell put the new battery in it, it worked just fine.

About 11:00 I called Nancy to see how she was doing. She asked me to come over for lunch and stay the afternoon so I did.

Just before we left to go get a sandwich for lunch, she got a phone call from the Montgomery County Driver's License Bureau saying she needed to send them a copy of her insurance card. We stopped by the insurance company office on our way to eat and they said there had been some scams about that and she should call the driver's license office in Independence to check if the call was legitimate. Debby there in the office gave Nancy a telephone number and we went on to eat lunch.  Both Nancy and I just ate half our sandwich and took the other half to her home and put it in the frig there.

Then we called the number Debby had giving Nancy. Nancy asked me to handle that while she looked for her current insurance cards. It was the wrong number and that office at the court house gave me the correct number.  I then called it and got my friend, Laura, who works in that office. She looked on Patty's desk (Patty was at lunch) and found the check Nancy had sent in and she said there was no insurance card. Finally after going through a number of files, Nancy found the two insurance cards she needed. One to send to that office in Independence and one for her car  glove box. I addressed the envelope and Nancy put it out on her mailbox for the mailman to pick up.

Then we visited the rest of the afternoon.

About 5:00 it looked like rain and I picked up my half sandwich that I had  saved from lunch, and started home. I got home before the rains started but when they started , they started with a vengeance! I ate my sandwich and one of my Schwan's ice cream bars.

I cleaned out Missy's litter box and sat down to enjoy the storm. Nancy called to be sure I got home all right. That was good of her.

At 7:00 I took my bath and lay down with Missy to watch Amazon Prime TV. We watched a couple of episodes of Perry Mason before going on to bed. I ate a small bag of trail mix before bedtime and also took a Tums...just in case that was a bad idea.
At 9:15, Missy and I went on to bed.

No comments: