Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday and Lunch with Friends

I slept very well last night. I woke up a couple of times but got back to sleep and got up at 4:45. I had had plenty of sleep.

I got myself ready for the day and ate my oatmeal for breakfast and had my coffee. Gay and her friends will be coming for lunch at Pizza Hut then they will come to my apartment to see what I have done with it.

I talked to Nancy last evening. She had been sick again all day until evening when she began to feel better. She had an appointment with Melissa at Labette emergency room on Tuesday but her cousin, Dale, heard about it and cancelled it. That would infuriate me if someone did that to me. Nancy has been sick off and on for months and really needs to find out what is causing her constant sickness to her stomach.  I tried my best to get her to let me take her to the emergency room to see the doctor...any doctor... but her family is determined to run her life.

If it isn't David, it's Dale. She hasn't heard from David since she had to cancel her flight to their place at Christmastime because of terrible diarrhea. He seemed to think she just didn't want to come. And he has been angry with her since she refused to let him put her into assisted living last summer. She wants to live in her own home until she dies. I try to call her every day just to be sure she's still o.k. You can't help folks that don't want to be helped.

Anyhow, Gay and her friends will be here at 11:30 and I will meet them at Pizza Hut then.

More later...

Gay called awhile ago and changed our meeting place to Eggberts. Two of her friends had health problems and could not eat pizza.  So, at 11:30AM this morning I will go to Eggberts to meet her and her friends.

I finished the first of my latest books. I will save the second one until this evening.

I met the eight of them at Eggberts and we ordered our lunches. It took awhile for our orders to be ready but we each had a good meal. Then the eight of them came to my apartment and looked around. They seemed to be very impressed. They stayed thirty or forty minutes and then left to go through our shops that have lots of interesting "stuff" in them. There are a couple of them here. I really didn't want to spend any more money so I didn't go.

I will read my second book this afternoon and evening. I watched  the dateline show I had recorded and am also recording 20/20 and I will watch it later.

I also ordered my meals from Schwan's. I have ordered their chicken pot pies and breakfast burritos. . They are very good and just the right size for a meal for one. The breakfast burritos will be a change from my usual oatmeal for breakfast.

More even later...

I also ordered three boxes or Keurig flavored coffees.  The ones I am getting from Amazon are not the flavored coffees.

I turned off the TV and read that last book all evening and took my bath about 7:00PM and then went to bed at 10:00PM. If the library is open tomorrow I may take them back tomorrow.

2 comments:

clairz said...

Good grief! I am so shocked that anyone would treat a family member the way Nancy's family is treating her. I hope that someone helps her get some medical attention soon. What's wrong with those people?

Margie's Musings said...

I don't have a clue. Personally, I wouldn't stand for it myself. Nancy needs to stand up for herself!