Friday, May 22, 2020

Friday and Vacuuming the Den

I slept terrible last night. It was another night of a terribly sore arm. I got up at 5:00AM and dressed and got ready for the day. I had my oatmeal and coffee and chai. Three cats came for breakfast so I took out three bowls. There were two yellow cats and scruffy gray cat. When they were nearly finished, the rain and wind started up Then we had some small hail. It got very dark. When this happened the three cats took off.

I have had internet trouble again this morning. Finally I went and pushed the button on the router. That finally connected me. I may have to have Cox bring me a new router. This one seems to have developed  problems.

I will see if pushing the button on the router will fix it for good.

I was watching the cats eat when suddenly they took off. The wind suddenly came up and  it began to rain...then hail..small hail and just for a bit.

I am still having trouble with the router. The laptop can find it..but it's hooked up via a USB connection and after I pushed the button on the router so could the desktop. But the notebook can't find it. I pushed the button again and nothing has happened. I may have to have Cox come out and switch it out..

I got hold of a tech from Cox Complete Care  that knew what she was doing and she told me to just pull the plug on the router when that happens and then plug it back in again in a minute and that will reset it. I hope that works and this doesn't happen continually. It's a mess.

I went to  Independence for groceries this morning. Then I stopped at Big Cheese and got a personal pan pizza to bring home for lunch. It wasn't too warm when I got it home but I ate it anyhow. I could have warmed it up in the microwave but I was too hungry.

After I have lunch and check the mail, I will vacuum the den, put the plants out and water them too. So far, I have internet. I wonder how long that will last?

More later...

I had an ice cream bar from Schwan's for my dessert. Those are so good! But they are 250 calories. I will have to be careful not to abuse that stuff.

More later...I'd better vacuum. My next big project is to clean out and organize the two drawers of the night stand here in the den.


I got the vacuuming finished and  the plants watered outside. Suzanne gave me the Examiner Enterprise newspapers her sister, Judy, saves for her  I read most of them and put a rubber bank around the ones I have read. I think I still have two to read. When I get them read I will give them to Karan to take to the animal shelter. That's a good thing to use them for instead of just throwing them away.

The sun has been shining all afternoon after that huge rain we had this morning. It's 2:00PM now. I may watch some Amazon Prime TV.

More later....

I called Nancy this afternoon and asked her if she was ready to have company. She was. We sat eight feet apart and visited for two hours.

I came home at 5:30PM and signed on to the notebook. It was unable to sign into the router. So I rebooted a couple of times and finally got a  signal. That router is going to be a problem... I have a feeling.

Well, it is working right now. So I will watch TV until 7:00PM when I will take my bath. So far, no cats have come to eat so I will wait awhile. Maybe they will come soon.

More later...

I took my bath and I hope my arm will not be hurting again tonight. I will stay up until 9:00PM

No comments: