Monday, May 18, 2020

Monday and Laundry Again

I stripped my bed this morning and changed my sheets. I do that every other Monday.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and am working on my chai latte now. 

I need to put those sheets in the dryer right now. Back soon.

o.k. The sheets are in the dryer and I put both plants back out in the sunshine.

I had three cats come for breakfast this morning...small yellow cat, medium yellow cat and scruffy gray cat. I had just put away the cat food and put the clothes in the dryer and looked up to see Big Yellow Tom waiting for his breakfast. So..I put the two green bowls out there ...just in case.  It's been awhile since mama cat has been here. I thought she might be pregnant again so maybe she's had another litter somewhere. Who knows.

I may see if one of Krystal's girls can mow for me on Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday will be busy. Bob may go to breakfast at Eggberts for breakfast with me again, I will go to the bank, and I have a 9:00AM appointment to get my hair cut...unless she has to cancel again. Then I will go out to Walmart to get my groceries and some red mulch and then would need to be home that afternoon if one of the girls will mow about 2:00PM.

After I texted Bob today he told me they are resuming exercise classes at the senior center today.  They are keeping the break room closed though. They will probably keep 6 foot of space between each exercising person though...just to be sure. I am so afraid all this additional activity around the nation will start another round of  the pandemic. So many people are out without face masks and being very close together.  I have begun wearing the face masks Krystal gave me last week when I go out,

I see Big Yellow Tom is gone now so I had better put that cat food away or the birds will be back eating it.

I folded and put away the dry sheets and texted Krystal about the mowing. They will come at 2:00PM on Wednesday to mow for me. It could use it today but I would have to go to the bank in Coffeyville to get more money if they came today. Wednesday I will be in Coffeyville and will go to the bank and get the money then.

I have mopped all the bare floors and swept out the garage and little porch area. I even washed the trash receptacle out front. It looked filthy.

In a little while I will vacuum the bedroom and dust it. I think I will begin vacuuming and dusting one room at a time instead of trying to do the whole apartment at one time. My arm just can't take that much strain. I did the kitchen and bathroom floors this morning and will vacuum the bedroom today and the living room and hall on Tuesday and then do the dining room on Thursday and the den on Friday. That should be less strain on the arm. I do laundry on Saturday and every other Monday. That's what my neighbor in Bartlesville did when she had a part time job and that worked out fine. Their place always looked nice.

There doesn't appear to be any wind today so the flowers are holding up nicely out there. I am keeping my eye on them though.  At least the sun is shining.

I am not sure what I will have for lunch. I will have to look in the freezer later. I had better get that vacuuming done before I lose interest.

More later...

I sent out a letter to the congregation of our church today and included the Daily Bread devotional. I hope keeping in touch this way will help keep everyone interested in meeting one another at church again when this pandemic is over. I put the six letters for those who are not online in the mailbox with the flag up. I personalize those too.

More later...I had better find something for lunch now It's almost 12:00 noon and I am hungry.

I had a frozen turkey dinner for lunch. Then I noticed the mailman had already been here so I ran those six letters up to the post office before  I forgot.  When I got back home, I vacuumed the bedroom and halls. Tomorrow I will do the living room. Then Thursday I will do the dining room and the den on Friday. That sure makes it easier then trying to do it all in one day. I am tired. It must have been the letters and the vacuuming  that did it. Way too much sitting around in this apartment this winter.

I saw the mailman go by at 1:30PM. 

I just ordered some more of those refrigerator drawer liners that preserve your food. They work beautifully. I use both the plastic bags with the paper towel folded in them and tied with a twisty and the foam drawer liners and get at least a week for my fruit..bananas and such. I had a $7.30 credit there so they will cost me very little. They are only $11.99 anyhow and you get six. They are thin green foam pads. And they really work!

More later....About 4:00PM, the smaller yellow cat came for an early supper.

About 5:00PM, I texted Krystal and asked her if the daughter would be willing to come tomorrow to mow. It may rain on Wednesday evening and maybe earlier. She agreed so I went out to Dollar General and got some cash. I will need the cash I got to pay the daughter. I will still need to change that ten into two fives. Besides the ten, I have a twenty. Tomorrow noon I will go to get the Wacky Pack at Sonic. That costs $2.18 and that will break that ten.

At 5:45PM, scruffy gray cat came for his/her dinner and I set out all three bowls. Another cat may come while he/she is eating. I didn't want a fight.

I called Nancy this afternoon and we visited awhile. Her friend Sylvia Estes is dying of stomach cancer and she has been visiting her. It must be bad. Nancy says she doesn't have long to live. They have been friends since high school.

So sad....

More later...

I took my bath at 7:00PM and watched "Highway Thru Hell"  on the weather channel. Then at 9:00PM, I went on to bed.




No comments: