Thursday, May 21, 2020

Thursday and Vacuuming Again

I slept better last night then I have in weeks. The arm did not hurt...for some reason.  I'm not complaining...I am just surprised.

I awoke at 4:30AM and could not get back to sleep so I just got up. I have dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my oatmeal, coffee and Chai Latte. I have even washed my dishes and set them on the draining mat to dry. I have been working on my desktop computer so far this morning.  I have checked the e-mail, checked the checking account and finished yesterday's blog. I haven't checked to see if any cats are waiting for their breakfast but that's my next move.

I want to spray the birdhouse I worked on painting yesterday with a clear coat in hopes the paint will not wash off in rains. I will do that later after it gets light and after I vacuum. It's just now 6:00AM.  I will go watch the weather and the news now.

I will continue this on the notebook and in the recliner in the living room.  I will vacuum the dining room after the CBS news is over at 10:00AM. It's only 6:00AM now.

So more later...

Sure enough, I had Big Yellow Tom, medium sized yellow cat and Scruffy gray cat all three waiting for breakfast. I will need to get some more cat food today. Last evening most of the cats may not have come to eat before I went on to bed.  Or someone else may be feeding them. I did see one of them running with something big, either a bird or a mouse, in their mouth coming across the street a few days ago. I couldn't tell what it was but I hope it was a starling if it was a bird. They are such nasty greasy birds. It appeared to be gray so it may have been.

All three have eaten and gone now.

When the birds see that and begin to try to eat the cat food, I will bring it back in.

So more later...

About 8:30AM, the smallest yellow cat came to eat. I set the food out and he/she ate all she/he wanted and I will bring the bowl back in shortly.

I am waiting until the CBS news is over at 10:00 before I vacuum and dust the dining room. That's a little over an hour.

More even later...

I got the dining room thoroughly cleaned and rearranged somewhat. It's 1:45 PM now and I have been  thinking about going to Independence and picking up some more groceries  since I ate the last of my frozen dinners today. But it's thundering now and I just cleaned up my car so I think I will just let that go for now. I just brought the plants in and I don't want the wind to come up and ruin them. I just watered them with the faucet water...which is not too good since our faucet water is undrinkable. Most everyone here drinks bottled or filtered water. I do both.

I didn't get any mail today...which is odd since I usually at least get some junk mail.

It's a good thing I decided not to go to Independence since it just started to rain here. I thought I heard thunder earlier.

I lost the internet for awhile off and on during the rain storm. Cox denied it was them but after an hour of off and on, it finally cleared up.  So I still think it was them. I had problems with their modem a couple of weeks ago and they finally rebooted it and after about twenty minutes, that fixed it.

Suzanne and Scout brought me some grapes and bananas from the food pantry. Also a couple of kiwi. I have never eaten kiwi but Scout said I would like it. Suzanne also brought me some banana nut bread. I am dying to try it in the morning.  I washed the new grapes and put them in Tupperware Suzanne had already washed the ones she brought me from home.  I will have grapes for awhile that is for sure. I have plenty of bananas too. But I put them in plastic bags with a paper towel and tie them with a plastic tie and put them in the frig and they last me a week.....sometimes longer.

The channel 6 news is on now. Next I will watch the CBS news at 5:30PM

I see there had been a shooting at the Corpus Christi navel station yesterday. The one man that was shot appears to be expected to recover.

More later...

I have been having computer problems all afternoon . I was working on my blog and suddenly lost the signal.  I went to the laptop and I had a signal there but nothing on the notebook and nothing on the desktop. I contacted Cox and they insisted they had a strong signal. Then I checked the laptop again and I had lost the signal on that too. I talked to two different women and both insisted it couldn't be Cox's fault. I think I have picked up some malware somewhere. I will watch the 5:30PM news and see if anything happens to the signal after that.

It's 7:20PM and so far.. so good...If this happens tomorrow, I will get a hold of Cox again and get their Complete Care people to go through all three computers and check them out.  At e-bay, I could have picked up some malware.

Now I will take my bath and get my pjs on and get ready for bed and then watch some TV. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM

No comments: