Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Tuesday and a Yard Mowing

Another terrible night's sleep. No matter what I did, or how I lay, my arm throbbed most of the night. Finally, about 5:00AM, I just gave up and got up. I did take a couple of Aleve later this morning. No sense suffering with that arm all day too.

I have made my bed, got myself ready for the day and had my oatmeal and coffee. Then I turned on the weather channel on TV. I watch that every morning.

When I opened the front door, three cats were waiting for me to feed them. There were two yellow cats, one medium sized one and one small one, and one scruffy gray cat there. I took out all three bowls, including the double dish and they ate their fill and left.  I haven't seen mama cat in a week or so. I keep wondering if she has had a litter somewhere around here.

The young Vanatta girl will come mow this afternoon at 2:00PM. I will need to get change for that ten during lunch. I will probably just go out to Sonic again and get their child's Wacky Pack chicken strip dinner since that only costs $2.18 with tax.

I plan to vacuum the living room today too. I may get that done this morning before lunch after the CBS news goes off.

Now I will fix my chai latte and eat a breakfast bar.

More later....

I had the breakfast bar and a cup of chai latte. I am still watching the CBS  news.

So far, I have fed another yellow cat. Then I took the bowl back in the apartment.

More later again.

Another yellow cat, the medium sized one, has come back for brunch. I just put one bowl out.  He/she seems skittish and there may be another cat out there vying for the food. I don't see one yet and if that yellow one doesn't come back to eat, I will take that bowl back in.

It's almost 9:00AM now and I am still watching the CBS news.

When it is over at 10:00AM, I will turn off the TV and vacuum the living room.

More even later...

I set the large variegated plant outside on the glass topped table on the patio area in the sunshine and also watered the bedding plants. Tomorrow when I go to Coffeyville I will get some mulch  for the flowerbed.

But before I watered that large plant, I cut off some of the long hanging branches that were weighing the plant down, Then I watered it. It looks a lot better without those straggling branches.

I had hung the pink geranium out front earlier. It can use some cleaning up too. I will pluck off the dead pieces and then water it too.

It too looks a lot better now. If they aren't pruned from time to time they get to looking pretty scraggly.

Another 35 minutes of the news and then I will vacuum the living room.

Krystal and her daughter that mows for me came about 2:30PM and the 14 year old mowed the yard. She does a nice job.

I had spent an hour or so cleaning the carpet in my car. The car had had a dirty place on the armrest on the driver's side ever since I got it. I found my car carpet cleaning stuff and gave it a good cleaning. It looks much better now.  The car needs washing and I may do that when I get to Coffeyville tomorrow. It will be in the garage after tomorrow because it's supposed to rain every day but two in the next week.

I don't know when I can have Krystal's daughter mow next week. I will just have to play it by ear.  It's 4:15PM and the channel 6 news will be back on so I will get back to this later.

After Krystal  and her girls left, I vacuumed the living room. The carpet looks a lot better now. Later I put some Old English polish on a rag and dusted the bedroom.  I may dust the living room that way tomorrow afternoon.

It's 4:20PM now and I am waiting for the 5:30PM CBS news. Tulsa doesn't seem to know they are our primary TV news  source. They only talk about Tulsa.  Even giving the weather they seldom mention our area.

Suzanne's grandson just brought me groceries from the food pantry. There are white potatoes, tomatoes, a plum, raw broccoli and bananas. I will take all this to Sycamore Landing when I go to pick up Bob in the morning. He and Joanne can split the bananas. I still have some from last week and I eat one every evening. 

I took my bath at 7:00PM after I finished my evening banana..

Bob called me to see if I still had the book "Footprints in the Dew"... a sequel about the "Mullendore Murder Case".  Scott went to first grade with the Mullendore son at Wayside Elementary in Bartlesville when we lived there  and he had asked me to send him the book. I had given him the original book "The Mullendore Murder Case". And when he heard about the sequel, he asked me to send that to him too.  Bob Avery had read the book after I read it so I didn't think either of us would read it again so I sent it to him. But I checked all my bookcases just in case I remembered wrong... but I hadn't..

More later....

When I checked the front door, Scruffy gray cat was there wanting his/her supper so I took him/her out a bowl. When he/she was finished, I brought the bowl back in.

Then I went into the den and read the news on the computer and also played a game on the laptop in there.  But then I was tired of that and decided to read. I had bought another book for my Kindle from Amazon.

At 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It’s nice you have these girls to mow. It’s a good thing to give kids something to do.

Margie's Musings said...

I think so too Sister-Three. My kids always had jobs after age 14. My daughter worked at the Dairy Queen and later at one of the local Pharmacies behind the lunch counter. My younger son worked as a sack boy at the local market and my older son mowed yards. I also gave them an allowance helping with home chores. We had a chart on the frig door and I was in that rotation too.

I believe in giving kids responsibility.

Terra said...

I hope your arm is healing so you can sleep at night. I am looking forward to a Zoom meeting with two friends at noon today. We usually laugh and cheer each other up during this time of isolation.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Terra. But I am afraid it is a permanent thing. It has been this way for a couple of years now. It's an old injury that I did in the 1980s and it had healed and I re-injured it a couple of years ago.

Galla Creek said...

Laura, my daughter, used to use a chart. I am not sure if she still does. Some jobs paid more. They initialed what they did and were paid for what they did. If they did a lot, they got more money. Since Astrid is not there now and ingrid’s 18, I’m not sure if she still does it this way or not.

Margie's Musings said...

The chart thing worked for us when the kids were young. As teenagers it worked well for them to keep track of what they had done that week.