Friday, June 26, 2020

Friday and Perhaps Lunch with Nancy

I slept well again last night. It is so a relief that I don't have to deal with a painful shoulder any more since I started using the brace.. Thanks so much for Leslie, who took a chance on this rotator cuff brace. I didn't know such a thing existed.

I got up around 5:00AM  and dressed, made my bed and have had my breakfast, When I opened the front door, Scruffie and Big Yellow Tom and one of the yellow adolescent cats were just waiting for their breakfast. I took out the double bowl and both blue bowls. Only the adolescent cat is still out there. The others ate fast and left. I haven't seen any of the kittens this morning. Evidently Scruffie went back to their home in my neighbor's garage and is nursing those kittens. As much as she eats, she is still very skinny.

I watched the weather channel until the "weather on the 8s" came on and then turned to channel 6 news.

Everything here at home is caught up now...the laundry and the cleaning. I will need to dust the apartment and that's it.

If Nancy is feeling well enough today we will go to lunch. She was feeling well yesterday but had a doctor's appointment in Bartlesville with her neurologist in the afternoon so we made an appointment for lunch today. We will see.....

More later. I'd better get those bowls back in the apartment before the ants or birds find them. I feed plenty of cats but the birds and the ants can fend for themselves.

Scruffie came back and sat by the door waiting for the food dish so I put it back out. She ate a few mouthfuls and then stopped and looked across the street. In a short while her little yellow kitten came over and began eating and Scruffie left.  Now the little kitten has finished and I had better get that dish back in again before the ants or the birds find it.

Strange how she tries to take care of those kittens.

More later...

I had just barely got the food dish back in and used the cat water to water my plant and then put out fresh water for them ...then Scruffie  came back to eat some more. So I put the cat food back out. She ate a few mouthfuls and then left again.  One of her kittens is sitting across the street looking this direction. It may come to eat so I will wait awhile again before taking the food back in.

It's only 7:55AM right now. The CBS news comes on at 8:00AM so I will watch that before I begin my dusting.

More even later...

The CBS News just went off and I called Nancy. She seems to be doing well today and has even had her hair done. I told her if she was still feeling well by 11:30AM, I would be by to take her to lunch today. She was delighted. She said she was dying to get out of the house. I told her to let me know if she wasn't still well by 11:30AM. That's an hour and a half away. We might go up to Independence to Big Cheese. I will ask her which she would like. We talked about Copan Truck Stop but there are options. Even our Eggberts here in Caney is open.

More later...

I picked up Nancy at 12:00PM. I was there at 11:30AM as planned but her cousins wife was there so we didn't get away until 12:00PM. Then we decided to go to Independence to Big Cheese. It was a lovely day and Nancy seemed to really enjoy getting out and seeing some scenery besides her house. We had a good visit.

When we got back to her house she wanted me to come in for a visit. I had no particular plans so I did. Soon her cousin's wife came back and as we were visiting, her other cousin's widow came in too. I stayed a while later and then came on home. I told Nancy as long as she was staying well, we would go to eat out at least once a week, She was pleased about that.

Scruffie was waiting for me for her dinner when I got home.

It is 5:34PM now and I will watch the CBS news. Afterward I will take my bath about 7:00PM and try to stay up until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.







No comments: